Thread: Hi new here

Thanks

Default Hi new here

Hello my name is Betsy, I'm 27 years old and need help.. I have been having the following symptoms:Fatigue, Muscle aches, muscle spasms, tingling sensations, chest pain, shoulder pain,back pain, scalp pain, stomach cramps, rashes (arms and face) they disappear within a few hours, burning sensations(mostly in thighs), some jaw pain, some burning tongue, stiff big toes, GERD,cough, itchy skin,some knee and finger pain, irregular periods.. Could this be Lupus? I would appreciate any comments or any information that any one can share with me...

Thanks,
    B

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jaded27;
    Welcome to our forum. It is very difficult to tell you if your symptoms are Lupus or not. Lupus symptoms resemble so many other auto-immune disorders and only with lab tests, physical examination, blood work, etc. can anyone say that you have Lupus. Also, you should know that it is a very lengthy process to get a Lupus diagnosis. For some of us, it took up to a year of doctor's appointments, blood tests, lab work, etc. being done and repeated, and done again. Lupus is a disease that changes and, often times, we have to wait for symptoms to appear or to get worse before our lab results will indicate anything.
    Many of the symptoms that you describe can be symptoms of Lupus. However, they can also be the symptoms of other auto-immune disorders (Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome, Pericarditis, TMJ) - just to name a few. Without lab results, it is virtually impossible to say exactly what disorder your symptoms are from.
    I am not trying to avoid your question, it's just that it is really impossible to say. Are you currently under the care of a doctor? Is that doctor a rheumatologist? Have any tests been run or ordered? If so, have you gotten any results back? If so, let us know what those results are and what your doctor has said. Perhaps then we can better help you to understand your symptoms.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Thanks so much for your reply

Thank you for replying Susie I am going in to the doctor soon and will explain all my symptoms. She has already ordered blood and i'm sure will order more test when i see her. I am just worried and hoping that whatever it is i can live with and control without it completely ruining my quality of life. I also believe that there is a good chance that this may be fibro because i have many symptoms that are associated with that disorder. On the other hand i have some of the Lupus symptoms as well.. So i am just very frustrated and confused :? I will try to post a follow up after i see the doc.. Thanks again

B

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are welcome. Don't forget to post after your doctor's appointment!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

And how did that appointment go Jaded27? Still confused or have you found relief?

Wondering how you are?

Be well,
    Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.