Thread: bustis to sepsis

Thanks

Default bustis to sepsis

hi all,

i just got out of 3 weeks in the hospital. my bursitis that i was complaining about turned into an infection and spread to my elbow joint and bone. i am typing w/one hand so excuse the lower case. honestly, it scared the daylights out of me and my doctors. they could not stop it. i am finally at home w/ a picc i.v. and daily visiting nurses. i dropped to 100 lbs and felt like i was never getting out. i had 4 surgeries w/in the 3 weeks. too much anesthesia and too much time in the hospital. my doctors are still watching like a hawk.

you never know....keep your eyes open if you get bursitis and don't let the docs poo-poo it. they had treated me w. strong antibiotics for 2 weeks prior to the hospital stay, and as a result made an infection that would not grow in a petri dish, only in my arm. it still has not been identified as staff, fungus or anything. i am on the strongest antibiotic they make, actually 2, one twice a day orally and the other twice a day through i.v. there is more, but i just wanted to share this scare because i know that many of you have had re-occurring bursitis,
    and i do not want you to be put through the hellish ordeal i went through.

glad to be home and hear the dogs barking and the leaves blowing

best wishes to all
    annm

Thanks

Ann -

Glad to hear you are home. So sorry you have been suffering. Please take care.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.