Thread: about to undergo chemo

Thanks

Default about to undergo chemo

Next week I'll be starting cytoxan 1 time per month for 6 months. Could someone e-mail me with a similar expierience that was SUCCESSFUL !
    I'm very nervous, but have been doing the cellcept and prednisone dance now for 31/2 years. I need to hear from someone who actually went into remission with the use of Cytoxan. I need some hope!! :!:
    Angie
    angie

Thanks

I haven't done the Cytoxan, though I almost did have to in June. I, also have been doing Cellcept/Prednisone for 1 year now. I'm sending the very best wishes possible, as I know how I was feeling with prospect of having to do it.

Missy

Thanks

Default Re: about to undergo chemo

Hello Angie!

I did cytoxan succesfully twice : ten years ago, three years ago and after that I went in remission for years. This year I had been through it again , but seems that the wolf doesn't want to leave me alone ;-). Anyway I hope that you feel better afterwards, I can tell you, it's wothy . By the way remember to tell your doctor to prescribe Zofran, so you won't have the seconds effects the day after ( at least you won't have vomits). I'll be praying for u!! You will see you will feel better!!!

Blessings from this corner of the universe,

"cariņos"
    Marinera

Thanks

Default Finished 6 monthly treatments this past June

Hi Angie -

I finished Cytoxan treatments in June (my first round; I was dx in Oct 2003). I am now on Cellcept & Plaquenil. I guess I am in remission. All of my test results are normal. I have no protein in my urine & my bp is 96/70. I also have no joint pain. I have even started running again.

I will not lie to you. I found the treatments incredibly hard. Each treatment knocked me down for about 2-3 days. Also, my hair fell out. However, I feel great now. And my hair has grown back thicker and more healthy than ever in my life.

I had great results. I hope you will, too. Please stay in touch & I will cheer you on!

Cindy

Thanks

Default i did 2

i had 2 treatments then quit.
    i was on 8 drugs, incl 40mg of prednisone, and also doing tons of alternative medicine, so since i was doing so well i quit.... it made me feel VERY sick. it was a personal decision to quit. that was 2002 (had one in mate may, one in june). i quit the prednisone (GRADUALLY) over a period of a year, and have been off it since easter 2003. after having been on 8 drugs and chemo and procrit shots for anemia (and my kidneysa were at 30% funtions) i am doing extremely well and am only on one drug- 10 mg of paxil (i'm weaning off that too).

still careful about diet, getting enough sleep, staying warm, taking digestive enzymes and fish oil and milk thistle and just barley, being ahppy, having good people in my life. i'm doing extemely well.

i think i did need thos first couple cytoxans treatments to break th cycle of lupus inflammation i was in. i was truly near death.
    Carla
    Professional Smart Aleck
    www.carlau.com
    "A clown is like an aspiring, only is works twice as fast."- Groucho Marx