Thread: having trouble with my eye

Thanks

Default having trouble with my eye

My right eye is doing some really strange things. It always feels like I have something in it, sand gritty feeling or an eyelash. I rinse it out and stil there. Also the corner of my eye nearest my noses is very swollen. My eye feels irritated most all the time. As a side note...my mouth is very dry all the time to. I constantly have a water, soda or tea with me at all times.

What could this be?and what can I do to help it stop hurting me?

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Kasey,

See your doc and ask for an Anti-SSA and Anti-SSB lab tests. It sounds as if you have Sjogren's. Sjogren's is where you are dry everywhere, eyes, mouth, nose, etc. You can also have a dye test done on your eyes by an opthamologist which will also confirm Sjogren's or Blepheritis. Most patients whom are positive, start Restasis therapy along with Naturale Tears Forte. I would have the labs done and then see the opthamologist. I carry water with ice chips with me everywhere along with the eye drops. A/C in the car can dry them out. I was also told to put a couple of drops of Johnson and Johnson's soap into a bottle and fill the rest with water. Upon awakening, I place a warm wash cloth on my eyes and then add the soap and wipe the eyelids. It is a cheap natural eyelid cleaner. This is suggested by my opthamologist in the am and prior to bedtime.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Faith