Thread: New symptoms - confused

Thanks

Default New symptoms - confused

Hi everyone -
    Well, I have really been feeling like junk this week. I dont know what is causing it...med change, monthly period, IT....
    Anyway, my face - particularly my eyes - are REALLY swollen. I dont have that all over swollen feeling, like in my legs and arms...really just my face. My eyelids feel like they weigh a hundred pounds, and I struggle to even keep them open. Really tired, too.
    I have this funny feeling that this has something to do with my kidneys...I dont have any pain to speak of, except for some discomfort in the back sometimes, usually when laying down. My belly is really distended too.
    What do you guys think? Do you think I should call the doctor? I found out yesterday that a urine test given to me in April (when I was REALLY sick) came back with elevated creatinine. This test was done at an office that has nothing to do with my reg docs (I signed up to do random urine tests at my recovery therapists a long time ago, to help with my recovery - so this test was not done by my reg doc)
    Ive said before that neither my reg doc or my rheumie has YET to do a urine test on me. I know this is strange, and Im thinking that each doc may have thought the other one did one. I dont know what to do...to ignore or call. I know i would tell someone ELSE to call the doctor, but I am nororious for helping others and not myself...
    I also have had sores in the corners of my mouth for a couple of weeks that wont heal, and really sore toungue...I know that this happened with you, Kathy, and this lead to your perniscious anemia Dx. I dont think I have that, and I know there are very extensive tests to show if you do or not. It may be a simple B12 deficiency (BASIC B12 deficiency, NOT pernicious anemia - which is much more serious and has to to with your systems absorbtion chemistry) and maybe I should try to take B12 tablets to see if it improves. I have had B12 def. in the past, and used to have to get shots. I dont know, you guys, sometimes figuring out what the problem is, is more difficult that the problem itself!!
    Oohhh....any suggestions are welcome...Thanks in advance, and I hope everyone is having a flare-free, happy day...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Hi Lauri,
    I'm sending you lots of hugs. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. The best advice I could give you is to call your doctor. It's better to be on the safe side since with Lupus, we can never know what's going to happen!
    I really hope you start feeling better soon!
    Hugs,
    Kimmy

Thanks

Hi Lauri,
    Hon I think that you definitely have to call the doctor and get seen as soon as possible. I definitely think that you should be tested for Pernicious Anemia. I mean the sore tongue, the horrible fatigue and feeling like you can not open your eyes could be signs of PA. PA can do a lot of very ugly things if you have it and it is left untreated. The only way to treat PA is with the B12 shots once a month. The B12 pills will not work, because PA is caused when a person is no longer producing Intrinsic Factor in the stomach and intestines, so therefore B12 in food or pills will not be absorbed. A person needs B12 to live as it helps to build the red blood cells in the marrow. You need to have an adequate number of RBC's to carry oxygen to the rest of the body. PA can cause you to feel tired, weak, your WBC, RBC and hematocrit to drop rapidly. It is a bad situation big time. Please see a doctor as soon as possible and at least get tested for it. In me they found it when I went in to complain about my tongue, sores in the corner of my mouth, weakness and just feeling bad and being swollen. I hope that I can get you to get into the doctor as soon as possible.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Oh my gosh, Kathy,
    I cant believe how similar the symptoms are! I also got my period two weeks early, which never happens, and it is lasting longer and heavier than usual. I already posted to your PM...I read that before your post here. Im sorry, because I didnt read this first I kind of repeated everything you said about the intrinsic factor, etc.
    Do you mind telling me exactly how you felt before you were Dxd and what tests they ran? If you have time I would really appreciate it.
    Honestly, Ive been crying today, because this isnt like a normal flare...I just feel different - strange. I dont think its the steroids - Ive been on them for over two months now. Although, who knows...
    I hate this..I hate this disease!! Im so mad right now, becasue its like a tease when we start to feel good, and then we get sick again and its soo frustrating!! I usually dont get this emotional...Im also VERY tired, and didnt fall asleep util 2AM and had to drive my hubby to work at 5AM...not good quality rest for sure.
    On top of everything, we found out yesterday that the sticker on our llic. plate on the car expired 4 days ago, so MA state police (they are BRUTAL) pulled my hubby over. Come to find out, our reg. is expired, and wasnt automatically renewed because we owe parking tickets. Also, we found out we owe exise taxes on the car too!!! Honestly, we are not "bums"...I have such a hard time keeping up with the bills - mentally!! - and when I am sick, I accomplish almost NOTHING...I say to myself, "OK - Ill feel better tomorrow and Ill take care of it then..." and - of course - I dont feel better the next day, or the next or the next...
    I have had so few days in the past few years of feeling good...I am so envious of normal people sometimes...going to work, going to the gym, to the park with their kids....I just want to be normal...
    OK - I have to stop...sorry - I know I dont have to apoligize, but, Im sorry anyway to be such a downer. I cant stop crying, Im really upset...
    I need rest...Talk to you all later
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7