Thread: New member from texas

Thanks

Default New member from texas

Hello,

My name is Lupe and I live in Plano Tx(dallas area) I have been seeing Dr Alan Brodsky for 4 years and was just diagnosed with SLE. I am 31 years old married with 3 children and work full time and it is a struggle some days and some it is fine. I am glad to have found this site and can't wait to get posting! Take care and God Bless

Thanks

Hi Lupe,
    Welcome to the forum. This is a really nice site with a lot of caring and knowledgeable folks that come in here. If you have any questions there is sure to be someone that can have the answer for you. I hope that you will keep posting and glad to meet you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Kathy,

Thanks for the welcome! I am sorry to hear you have gone through so much. I am currently just taking Flexeril, Lodine, and Prednisone, and Toprol for my Mytral Valve Prolapse

Thanks

Hi Lupe
    Welcome to the site. You will find ver compassionate people here that have a wealth of reliable information. Im glad you got an officail diagnosis (not glad you have SLE..lol), and that you are being treated. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now...
    How are you feeling? Are your symptoms under control? Hope you stick around...youll be glad you did..
    Again, welcome!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Thanks Lauri,
    Yes I do have lots ot symptoms, i have body aches and sweeling in my ankles and feet quite a bit. I seem to almost always keep a low grade fever and I have been having trouble breathing and chest pains lately. I am still able to work by the grace of God but some days I do not know if I can continue. One day I can feel great and the next day I can be so fatigued that I can barely talk

Lupe

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lupe;
    Welcome to our family. I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so with your Lupus right now. Many of us can certainly understand the yo-yo experience with Lupus (feeling OK today but totally debilitated tomorrow).
    I am glad that you found our site and that you decided to join our family. Everyone here is understanding, informative, caring and always willing to help!

Again.....Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!