Thread: new to this site

Thanks

Default new to this site

HI all,
    I'm new to this site. I have had lupus for about 25 years, I have joint problems and have the butterfly rash am constantly lethargic every day. I have had numerous other lupus related problems since being diagnosed. I live in the U.K. it seems to me that people in the U.S. are more aware about lupus than they are over here, or am I mistaken?
    I try to keep cheerful, I know that it is difficult sometimes but hey there's always someone worse off than you isn't there.
    So hello evry1

Thanks

Hi Sheemee,
    Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are having problems. I have had lupus most of my life. I will be 50 in december. I am wondering what medications you are taking for your illness. I hope to hear more from you. This is a great site with a lot of wonderful people that are very knowledgeable that come in here.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Sheemee, welcome. You are going to love this place. Everyone here is absolutely wonderful. Kind, caring, and many ears for listening. Sharp minds for advice and info. You couldn't have found a better place .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default thanks

thanks kathy & cheryl for your kind responses.
    I am on prednisolone(steriods) the usual pain killers and I take mepacrine, I used to be on azathioprine but they swapped that.I am trying to take as little medication as is possible. I have had loads of different medications over the years some good and some not so good, I think sometimes it's more a case of trial and error. I keep cheerful though the use of steroids has caused me to have some spinal degeneration.
    I like to keep as cheerful as possible so I don't tell my friends the whole story for fear of them thinking I'm a hypocondriac or something so it's so nice to talk to you guys as you understand completely.

Thanks

Lots of us, probably most, have to deal with that. So talk all you want on whatever you want .
    Cheryl