Thread: getting worse, Dr. says nothing wrong with kidneys

Thanks

Default getting worse, Dr. says nothing wrong with kidneys

Hi! Everyone. I had the IVP and cystoscopy. +2 blood in urine for 1 year, now 120.H protein in urine. Sed rate 22H (usually higher) On pred 7.5 for 3 years. Dr says nothing wrong with kidneys or bladder. I do not eat protein much because it makes me sick. I know 120 is not alot of protein in urine but that was only one test and I do not eat alot of protein anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this normal? I am getting weaker and weaker. Bed time is 730pm. I just cant sit up. Please share stories about your kidney troubles. I hear how people pursue their treatment when they dont agree with Dr. So I dont know what to do. It could be the fact I go to the free clinic. I have been told free clinic tries not to get involved with serious problems, but would they let this go with out telling me to go somewhere else?
    Thank you to everyone out there. I appreciate your help and advise
    Kathleen
    Kathleen Gardo

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am not sure if free clinics are willing to let your illness progress into something serious or not. I would hate to think that they would, but it might help you if you were able to find a doctor who specializes in rheumatic illnesses. Here is what I found out about increased levels of protein in the urine.
    There are several reasons why you may have protien in your urine. Abnormal test results which indicate an increase in urine protein could also be due to the following conditions:

* Amyloidosis-Amyloidosis occurs when abnormal antibody proteins or other protein fragments build up in an organ.
    * Bacterial pyelonephritis-a kidney infection, usually from bacteria that have spread from the bladder.
    * Bladder tumor
    * Congestive heart failure (inadequately perfusing the kidneys)
    * Diabetic nephropathy (kidney failure)
    * Glomerulonephritis- kidney disease caused by inflammation of the internal kidney structures (glomeruli).
    * Goodpasture's syndrome
    * Heavy metal poisoning
    * Lupus erythematosus
    * Malignant hypertension
    * Multiple myeloma
    * Nephrotic syndrome
    * Nephrotoxic drug therapy
    * Polycystic kidney disease
    * Preeclampsia
    There are also several drugs that can increase the measurements of urine protein, such as: acetazolamide, aminoglycosides, amphotericin B, cephalosporins, colistin, griseofulvin, lithium, methicillin, nafcillin, nephrotoxic drugs (such as arsenicals, gold salts), oxacillin, penicillamine, penicillin G, phenazopyridine, polymyxin B, salicylates, sulfonamides, tolbutamide, and viomycin.
    I hope that someone on this forum is able to provide you with information about your question. I wish you the best of luck.
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I just had labs that had my proteinuria is 89. I was whooping for joy! It was 4400 a year ago. Though this is in "normal" range, I think I feel lethargic, tired, sore for other Lupus reasons, not just kidney issues. I have anemia as well, which adds to these probs. I think things can not usually be "just one thing" with lupus.

I wish you the best in feeling better.

Missy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Missy;
    I am so happy to hear about your normal levels of protein. You are so correct in saying that most of us suffer from a myriad of illnesses along with our Lupus. It is best to stay informed about our disease as well as all of the other illnesses that ride on the Lupus coat tail.
    We are here to offer you support, information and as much comfort as we can!!
    I wish you the best!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie