Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulcers in the nose?

Thanks

Default Ulcers in the nose?

How do you know if you have ulcers in your nose if they are usually painless and you don't really know it? Every once in awhile I feel like i'm blowing really hot air out of my nose and feels kind of swollen up inside my nose. Not sure if it is the same thing just seeing how you guys describe the ulcedrs.

Thanks

Hi Steve,
    I usually get nasal ulcers, but in my case they are sore a lot of the time. If they are not sore they will feel like a swollen sensation and then when I blow my nose it will sometimes bleed. I think you should have it checked out by a doctor and maybe they can give you some medication if you have an ulcer. I hope that I have helped out some. I am sure there will be some others that come on that will know more about this then I do. I am also wondering what the doctor said to you and if you got diagnosed with Lupus I mean the last time you saw your doctor?

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

When I get nasal ulcers, they hurt. Like I've been poked in the nose. For me it helps if I moisterize. There are sprays you can get but I tend just to use house hold items, like a QTip and olive oil.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I still have to wait for the rheumy appointment. i took a bunch of pictures of random stuff like red rashes and when my hands get purple to show him. Got an appointment August 26th. The wait sucks I feel like crap.

Thanks

When I get sores in my nose, they hurt. I put a little neosporin on a Q-tip and that helps a lot. I don't know if it is the moisture or the medicine, but it makes a big difference.

Thanks

I get no sores ALOT. When mine come up, they make the inside of my nose feel tight. When they get really bad, they block my air passages and I have horrible nose bleeds. My GP prescribed me Bactroban cream. Works wonderfully! Gets rid of 'em if I catch 'em early in just one or two treatments.

Thanks

Oluwa and her wounds...

Bloody. Raw. Swollen. Burn and smells of blood...tender to the touch when I press the outside of my nose. Impedes my breathing, as if I was stuffed up in the affected nostril.

To me, it would be like a cold sore in the nose.

If I pull my nostrils up I can see the wound....

When I blow my nose, sometimes it is fresh wet blood, other times it would be a glob of blood...wet scab like..ewww...

Thank goodness for Plaquenil as I haven't had one really since. The start of one, but never the graphic type.

As it healed, it would itch I would dab a bit of Vaseline via a Q-tip to keep it moist and not dry as it healed over..

Mine would last anywhere for 2 weeks to months.

So that's my crater story...the end.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Ditto...They do hurt...just like a cold sore. Everytime I start a flare, WITHOUT EXCEPTION I get at least one nose sore.
    Steve, it makes me so sad that you have these issues at 19!! My gosh, I am really praying you feel better soon so you can go and enjoy life like a 19 year old! Do you get to socialize with friends at all? Play sports? Girlfriend? Its bad enough when us early/middle aged people get sick, but when I hear of teenagers, it breaks my heart...
    Does any OTC meds make you feel well enough to function/go out once in a while? I hope and pray you are not home in bed all the time....
    Keep well, my young friend...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Oh yes I'm pretty social I have a girlfriend and we spend a lot of time together. I'm not going to lie the rash is pretty annoying. Some days when it is very raw and irritated I just can't go out though. Also I wish I was normal and could get in the shower scrub my face get out look in the mirror and not have to feel the nasty irritation and flakes on my face. I live a pretty good night life though because you can't really tell and I get to stay out the sun.

Thanks

Im am very glad to hear that honey. Now,but, wait a minute...did you say you get to stay out in the sun? Does the sun irritate your rash? You know, Steve, it wasnt until this year (after 8+ years of this garbage) that I tried to stay out of the sun to see if it helped me. I was AMAZED at how different not only my skin was, but how much better I felt all-around. I was less tired, less brain fog, pain..etc.
    But for the first time in years, my face wasnt BRIGHT red!! It was pink, yes, but not RED...
    If you are in the sun alot, maybe you should try to avoid it as much as possible and see if it helps anything. Also, I was thinking, what about Vaseline on your face at night while you sleep? Theres no chemicals that would irritate your skin, and it would really help with the dryness. (Your pillowcase wouldnt be so nice in the AM!! LOL) But maybe you should give it a try...Also, whether lupus or not, your skin should not be that sensitive...I forget(im sorry)...you have been to a dermatologist? If not, I would def. see if they can give you something to help.
    Again, I am happy to hear that you have a good social life...I know its such a bummer about your skin issue...I am praying they find something to help you honey...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7