Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knots

Thanks

Default knots

Does anyone have knots come up on the bottom half of their legs? From my knees down to my ankles i have knots the size of a dime to a half dollar. They are the same color as my skin - no red or purple.

Bevi

Thanks

Bevi,

I think I'ld have to see them to understand what they are like. Sounds like a trip to the doctor's is in order.

Do it soon, and let us know what they say.

Do they hurt or are they just hard?

Thanks

The doctor did a sural nerve biopsy to see if it was vasculitis but it came back negative for vasculitis but abnormal. I was tested for bechet's and tb and both were negative. I just wondered if anyone else has these lumps.

Thanks

oops.. no they dont hurt they feel like solid muscle. The only problem is they keep growing.

Thanks

i also have fibromyalgia but the doctor says its not related

Thanks

Hang in there Bevi,

I'm willing to bet Saysusie will have a gob of information for you, she should be along shortly to answer. She's got tones of information

I know this must be alarming, specially when they dont have an answer for you.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Do you have headaches? It feels like i am wearing a really tight hat around my forehead. I have blood veins that are starting to show up on my face. I dont know anyone with lupus so i dont know whats related and what is not.

Thanks

yes...I get really bad headaches about 5 times a year. I have to go lay down and be perfectly still in the dark.

They can last for up to 3 days.

Other's here get them too.

I'm also on plaquenil which can also cause headaches, but I take both pills at the same time with a small tub of yogart just before bed, so I sleep through the worst of that.

I'm not full diagnosed yet. My Rhuemy is a pain in the arse. My mother had lupus, my sister has it.

My Rhuemy says that lupus is just a catch all doctor's use when they don't know what's wrong with you.

Waiting lists for rhuemy's here is very long...and I'm waiting for a new one. In the mean time I'm stuck with stinky face.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thats my problem too. All he would say was it was a "lupus related autoimmune disease". I already have thyroid - have for almost all my life. Now i have FM, Carpal Tunnel, Arthritis up my spine and in both knees. I have PCOS and Endometriosis. The doctor said that i have extremely high inflammation. After reading through alot of the posts on here i cant understand why he hasnt treated me for it if its so dangerous. He tested me for vasculitis and it was negative but can you even have vasculitis without lupus? I just dont know. I go in two weeks for more blood work and then the 28th to see the dr. I have so many questions. And after reading the posts i am kinda scared because alot of the things described on here - i have. I should feel blessed because my dr said he knew i was very sick. But knowing and doing something about it is two diffrent things. I just dont know. - Sorry for the rant.

Thanks

Bevi,

It may take some time to get the answers, but at least you are on the way to finding out.

Is this your family doctor or a rhuemy?

Lupus is very complex, it affects people differently even though there are alot of telltale signs.

Most of the things we deal with are annoying but livable. There are some more serious issues.

I've had several ANA tests...some of them negative some possitive and one boarderline.

I have the butterfly rash on my face and have tested possitive for malar rash on my arm. I have arthritis in a number of my joints...and the list goes on.

Best advise I can give you is make lists of your sypmtoms (if you don't already do so) It helps when you go into the doctor.