Thread: hair falling out..alot

Thanks

Default hair falling out..alot

my hair has always fell out but after my second so i noticed a few months after his birth i lost a lot of weight. i thought it was stress ,that was making me feel like i couldn't eat,and hair was falling out. gained weight back hair came in the ever since that period my hair falls out periodically and grows back. sometimes i have patches on my scalp that itch and i thought i had dry scalp when my hairdresser said i should see a derm. it look like something like a sceriosis.could this be a part of lupus?

Thanks

Some medications we use cause hair loss. There are other reasons for it as well.

You should go and see your doctor. Take some time and write down the the where's and whens of your hair loss so you are ready for what ever questions you doctor will ask.

Stress can also cause hair loss.

It's not as uncommon in women as you may think. I've had thinning hair most of my life so I'm used to dealing with it.

I believe there are some new options out there. I've been thinking of looking into them myself.

I'll be curious to hear what your doctor has to say, so keep us posted
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You mentioned that your head itched or felt sore prior to you hair falling out, have you checked your scalp for lesions? Lupus lesions will also cause hair loss. Let us know what your doctor says!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!