Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder and Kidney infection after starting back on Gluten

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

SITC:
    Thank you so much for the explanation. :lol:

Gerri:
    Your last post was Sunday and you said that you could not wait until Tuesday. Please let us know how you are? Did you go to the hospital?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I am still here- I am hoping to hear from a doctor today. I am taking medication for my bladder infections. My back hurts lots fot the last two days. Still bloated real good. Brain fog is bad. I will try and get a hold of some doctor today.

Thanks for caring

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

Hi all

Just got my blood work from Urgent Care. Liver still high (and still not within normal) but not as high as they were.

I see my family doctor on Friday. I am all still on Antibiotics for Bladder infection. Hands are swollen, stomach still extremely bloated. Jaw not as sore it was, but my back is very painful.

I wish I could get this biopsy done and over with.

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

You know, Gerri,
    Continual pain in your back could be a kidney issue...maybe you dont have just a bladder infection, but a kidney infection. If this is the case, you need to be seen right away. You should not mess around with kidney problems. A bladder infection that goes either untreated for a while, or isnt responding to treatment can travel up to your kidneys. A kidney infection is MUCH more serious that a typical bladder infection, and will usually cause severe pain in the back.
    If I were you, I would call your reg. doc asap and tell them about the pain and if you have any fever. If they dont agree to see you, I would go to the ER as soon as possible. If a kidney infection goes untreated, it can lead to some much bigger problems.
    Let us know what happens, but I wouldnt wait...OK?
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Gerri,
    Also, that swelling could be an indication that your kidneys are acting up as well. I would NOT wait until Friday....
    Take care
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Hi Lauri,

Information from my last lab

"eGFR 60-89 ml/min 1.73 m2 is seen in up to 45% of adults. Screening for Chronic Kidney disease is recommended only for those in high risk groups."

My eGFR was "69".

I am taking Macrobid 100mg for bladder infection. It's so hard to tell if my Anylosing Spondylitis is acting up or it's indeed my Kidneys or Bladder. My sides are sore also.

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

Kidney problems show up with increase in creatinine levels, which indicate your kidneys arent functioning correctly (getting rid of toxins). Kidney pain is usually felt in the mid to lower back, and can be extremely painful. Also, blood in your urine could also indicate a problem. It just sounds like you have all the symptoms....
    I hope you feel better, either way, soon ...let us know
    Lauri