Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder and Kidney infection after starting back on Gluten

Thanks

Default Bladder and Kidney infection after starting back on Gluten

Hi Everyone,

I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's, and having many symtoms of Lupus.

I am having a Celiac biopsy done September 4th. Before I had the biopsy I had to go back on Gluten, which has made me very sick. My liver enzymes have gone sky high, and now I have a Kidney, bladder infection. I couldn't start any medication, because of severe allergies, I don't know what I am to do.

Oh yeh, all my doctors are on holidays.

I found out about kidney bladder problem after test came back abnormal after having been taken to hospital by ambulance.

liver blood work

AST 117 (normal reading 5-40)
    ALT 197 (normal reading 24-57)
    Alkaline Phos 199 (normal reading 40-130)
    LDH 290 (normal 100 - 190)

urinalysis

Uleucocytes 500/ul high
    Ublood 10/ul high

Hugs

Gerri

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gerri;
    Why did you have to go back on gluten? Were you previously diagnosed with Celiac or are you being tested for it now?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Saysusie

They need the person to NOT cut out gluten before they do the tests. They have to see how the body is dealing with the gluten in order to get a clear diagnoses.

They did the same thing to my sister. She was very ill to begin with. I've seen alot of illness in my family. But I've got to tell you that I was truely scared for my sister's life.

She is 4ft 11 and she went from weighing 100 lbs to weighing 60 lbs, because of the glutin.

I was horrified and she was scared to death.

Gerri,

If you cant see you're own doctors PLEASE get in to see a dutey doctor. As them if you can cut back on the gluten with out messing the test up. Or ask if they can short list you for the test if there's a cancilations.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are feeling.

Have you contacted your local Ceiliac's office. They may be of assistance. If nothing else they can give you some support and answer some questions. The office here is wonderful.

I found a link for you, just in case you haven't done so already.

http://www.penny.ca/Celiac-canada.htm
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Had to go back on gluten for celiac test September 4th. Went into urgent care yesterday. Doctor said if my liver enzymes keep rising I will be in hospital shortly. He thought it was insane that hospital didn't tell me to see family doctor or Gastro, so doctor in urgent care told me he was going to fallow me closely. Both of my family dr. and GASTRO are on holidays until September 8th.

Urgent Care doctor put me on UTI medication. Hospital dr. that I seen two weeks ago wanted to put me on medication for UTI but I couldn't remember what I was able to take. Way too many allergies to remember one I can take. So I am on Macrobid for 10 days (still have UTI bad), and I will likely hear on Tuesday if I am to go into the hospital, hopefully have biopsy early, or ordered off gluten.

I am sick, I want to be off gluten real bad.

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

Im so sorry to hear of you being so sick right now, Gerri. Hang in there, hopefullly one of these docs can figure out what you can take to make your symptoms better, and not hurt your liver or allergies...
    Please take care...youre in my thoughts and prayers
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Gerri,

I'm glad you got in to see someone and they are watching you. Are you to get regular blood work? How is this Urgent care doctor watching you. Did he/she tell you what to watch out for?

Are they saying for you to keep eating the wheat products or did they tell you to stop or cut back?

I know how misserable you feel right now, and it's scarey too. Keeping you in my thoughts. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh, did they say if you could bump your test date up?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Being it a holiday here, I don't suspect I will hear from anyone until Tuesday. If the test were higher the urgent care doctor was going to order me into hospital and I believe get the testing done earlier. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Hugs

Gerri

Thanks

Hugs Gerri,

I hope you get the tests ASAP. I can tell you that after my sister was tested and she was allowed to cut the gluten from her diet, she felt 110% better.

The odd time that she does accidentally eat something with gluten in it, she might have a day or two of feeling awful, but it's over quickly and nothing like she used to suffer.

She has regained most of the bone density that she lost and generally feels much better. She also has lupus.

Hang in there...keeping you in my thoughts.

Thanks

Gerri,

How ya doing?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Last night I took an extra Ativan. I thought if that didn't help, I was going to go off to the hospital. I am still here GERDs acting up. Hands are swelling good.

Have my step-son here, thought he might help out a bit, but he is satisfied that I make his meals, while he is on computer. I am so tired, I have lots of brain fog. I feel like I going break into tears.

Did get up this morning with so much pain in my back. It was so hard to get going.

Just so much other pain. Can't wait until Tuesday when I hear from Urgent care doctor.

Hugs

Gerri