Thread: Boyfriend seeking information, support, and advice.

Thanks

Default Boyfriend seeking information, support, and advice.

Hi everybody, I'm Pete, 19, and from Scotland. I'm in a long distance relatinship with my girlfriend, who has had Lupus for about 10 years now, and M.E. for around the same amount of time.

I'm here for

Information - So I can learn more about my girlfriends illness(s), and hopefully make her feel more like I understand.

Advice - So I know how to act, what to say, and how I should interpret her behaviour and symptoms.

Support - Because being the partner of somebody with such a severe illness is very hard, sometimes I just need to let out my frustrations, and hear some reassurance from somebody who understand where she is coming from etc.

Also, because I am the partner of someboy with the illness, rather than having the illness myself, if anybody needs to talk about how it is affecting their relationship with their partner or anything, I am more than happy to offer any experience or advice etc.

Thanks for being such a good community

Thanks

Hi
    Welcome to the forum. We are glad that you joined. There are a lot ofus here that have Lupus and some that are awaiting a diagnosis. Whattypoe of infomation are you seeking. There are a lot of very knowledgeable about this serious illness. I myself have Lupus and have had it for most of my life. I am pretty new to the site and I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Caring -
    That is wonderful that you are trying to educate yourself about your partners illness. Some of the most difficult obstacles we face in having this disease is the NON understanding of loved ones. This is a huge issue for many of us, and I can tell you that your compassion towards you significant other will be an ENORMOUS benefit to her...
    Check out all the stickys at the top of this site. I can tell you this: The information you will get here is completely accurate. I have found on other websites an abundance of wrong info. You will not get that here. If one of us doesnt know the answer - then we say we dont know, or try to find out!!
    There is also a forum towards the bottom of the list which is for family members and loved ones...you may want to check that out as well. Howeer, you are more than welcome here with us as well....We are VERY inclusive here, and just want to help comfort others (and ourselves!!)
    Again welcome
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Caringboyfriend;
    Welcome to our family. You are doing a very good thing by coming to a support group for information, advice, and support. You will find that everyone here is more than willing to provide each and all of what you require. We are a family here and no answer is too small and there is no such thing as a dumb question.
    Thank you so much for offering to provide your perspective as a loved-one of a person suffering with Lupus. I am sure that we will learn quite a bit from you also.

Again....welcome to our family
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Pete...

Thank you for searching out information for the one you care of. It is important for us to have support from those who we love and trust.

Indeed you will find lots of people to help with anything..and if not we surely will direct you to the right place..

Look about, post, chat up...

Welcome you into the Lupus Family..hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

well, the fact that you care enough to try to find out about lupus says that you are a great person. All I can say from my experience is the pain sometimes is unreal and if you can, try to bare with her through that.