Thread: Follow-up appointment

Thanks

Default Follow-up appointment

Hi guys!

So, I had my follow-up appointment yesterday. Apparently, the only thing that is wrong with me is that I have a Vit. D deficiency. I have to take a bunch of Vit. D everyday. My ANA came back neg. He didn't give me a ratio. I was really surprised by that since my ANA was 1:640 last time. He told me that it was the difference in the lab. I guess the military hospitals have a very sensitive test and we all have some antibodies in our blood. So, it showed up with that high number. I am kicking myself for not asking for a copy of my lab results. But, my guess would be that I had probably had a few antibodies, but not enough to make him be concerned. He has no explanation for my other symptoms. But, that isn't anything new and I just don't want to worry about them now.

So, for now, I am healthy and fine. Oh, and he told me that I have hypermobility. I don't think that means anything, though.

I am going to take 1000 mg of Vit. D a day. Does that sound high? He didn't tell me how low my levels were, but they must have been pretty low. Like I said, kicking myself for not getting a copy.

He took a gob ton of tests and that was the only thing that was unusual. I have to go back in 3 months which I thought was strange. I asked him why I needed to come back since everything was fine. He said it was to follow-up. On what I am not sure, but I went ahead and made the appointment since he is so darn hard to get into and who knows how I will be feeling in 3 months.

Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this group. I think that you guys are great. I will probably just hang out in the background so I can keep up with you all. I hope that is OK.

I hope you all are feeling well today.

Thanks

BusyMom,

The doctor didn't advise on how much Vitamin D you should take....1000mg should be adequate, well, more than. Depending on your age and sex, the recommended dose varies from 200 -600mg.

The deficiency is probably the results from lack of sun exposure, either intentionally or by the area you reside..north?

Fish, salmon is an excellent source of the D,..or even cod liver oil, which a tablespoon will do you for the day...

How are you feeling now? Are you still having your joint pain, nose ulcers and red, rash face? Was you rheumatologist made aware of these past symptoms?

Regarding you ANA test...A titer is a measure of how much the blood sample can be diluted before the presence of the antibodies can no longer be detected. A titer of 1 to 80 (1:80) means that antibodies could be last detected when 1 part of the blood sample was diluted by 80 parts of another liquid (usually a dilute salt solution). A larger second number indicates that the antibodies are present in greater concentration. Therefore, a titer of 1 to 320 indicates a higher concentration of antibodies in the blood than a titer of 1 to 80 as would 1: 640...

I have found via many lab's website that positive results were at 1:80 and above range.

The test fluctuate with Lupus, it can be an indicator of the activity of the disease...

I would just keep a journal of all your symptoms, date, intensity any triggers, sun, stress and bring that to your next appointment...

You can call the office and ask them to fax or mail a copy of your results.

Yes, hang out, read, chat up...you are always welcomed...

Hugs..Keep looking for your wellness,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi busymom,
    Im glad your tests came out negative and, moreso, that you are feeling well...Its a good thing that they want to see you in three months for follow up. As you said, you never know how you are going to feel, and getting a doc to keep an eye on us with regards to this stuff is a blessing, believe me. I would just go with the flow, take your Vitamin D, and - if you do get any more symptoms - keep track of them.
    Feel free to stick around, of course!! We are an INclusive club here..l;ol!!
    Again, Im happy for you and the good news you received. Enjoy your wellness!
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Thanks, guys.
    I do live in the north. The Seattle area which is usually cloudy, so I don't get much sun. So, I guess it isn't surprising.

I still feel pretty good. You know what is wierd, though. This morning, I woke up and my feet hurt. Like they did back in the spring which sent me to the doctor in the first place. This is not cool. I am wearing my Frankenboot. I only have one so I rotate the feet. It does help some. Anyway,
    I think I will request a copy of my test results. Just for my own records.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, too.