Thread: Tingling Feeling

Thanks

Default Tingling Feeling

I keep getting this feeling in my arms and my legs like something is under my skin. I sometimes think a bug is crawling on me but there isn't anything on me. It is almost like a traveling feeling. It doesn't hurt just feels weird and tickles a bit. Any ideas of what it might be? Should I schedule an appt? It's been going on for a few months. :?

Thanks

I get that, I chalked it up to my fibromyalgia since it effects my muscles so much. Stretching the muscles each morning cuts that down. Its so wierd and creepy feeling, isn't it?
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tingling could be caused by many different things. However, most people who say that it feels like bugs crawling under their skin are describing "restless Leg Syndrome". Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable urge to move them for relief. Individuals affected with the disorder describe the sensations as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs. The sensations range in severity from uncomfortable to irritating to painful.

You say that you also have this feeling in your arms. In Lupus patients, this is sometimes caused by neuropathy. Damage to the nerves can occur in patients with lupus, with or without myositis (muscle inflammation). Most commonly, this is due to inflammation of many of the nerves on both sides of the body, called peripheral neuropathy. This condition can cause damage to the nerves of sensation and/or the nerves that stimulate normal muscle movement.
    Neurological symptoms may occur related to your central nervous system, which consists of your brain and spinal cord, or your peripheral nervous system, which links your spinal cord and brain to all other parts of your body. The extensive network of peripheral nerves includes the motor nerves, which help your muscles contract, and the sensory nerves, which allow you to feel a range of sensations. In addition, your peripheral nerves help control some of the involuntary functions of the autonomic nervous system, which regulates your internal organs, sweat glands and blood pressure.

Unfortunately, peripheral nerves are fragile and easily damaged. Damage to a peripheral nerve can interfere with the communication between the area it serves and your brain, affecting your ability to move certain muscles or feel normal sensations. Your symptoms will depend on the cause of your neuropathy and on which nerve or nerves are involved.

If a sensory nerve is damaged, you're likely to experience symptoms that may include:
    Pain
    Numbness
    Tingling
    Muscle weakness
    Burning
    Loss of feeling

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. Let me know if you need anything more!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

NaturalMystic (12-01-2011)

Thanks

Default I get the same feelings

When I am working at the computer, sometimes it feels like there is a hair or spider web just barely touching my skin. I keep wiping but there is nothing there. I called Rheumatologist about it and he sent me to PCP who took so much blood for testing that if I wasn't already anemic ~ I must be now! SaySusie, thanks for the info. I was beginning to think it was all in my head!!!!

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie for that information!

I started to notice a feeling like a bug is crawling on me in both my legs and arms (even when I'm laying on that part of my body I still feel it). It's a really creepy feeling and I was wondering if it was Lupus related or any other AI disease related. Still waiting to see my doctor and get a referal to a Rheumy. The few times I've called my doctor's office, I wasn't able to get through to a real person. Even my mom called. She had left a message, but no one called her back. Getting a bit frustrated with the staff there. I can't blame the doctor as he's doing his job. Argh! Once I finally get an appointment, I will definitely be adding this to my growing list of symptoms I've started noticing.

Thank you again, Saysusie!

Blessings, Love & Aloha,
    Ty
    "Kindness is just love with its work boots on"...

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks

If you are female and of menopausal age, it could be formication ----> not to be confused with....well you know