Thread: lol the 24hr collection......

Thanks

Default lol the 24hr collection......

ok so its tuesday, and i got to go to the dr. yay!!thats an accomplishment in itself, lol. So i got "the little brown jug" to collect pee for 24 hrs, wow, thats crazy. I finally got more plaquenil, enogh for 3 more months, and imuran and prednisone. They sent me for a chest x ray, when i take my little jug back i get to do all my blood tests, and i am getting scheduled for and ekg? i guess thats it, they said they will be following me closely so i dont slip thru the cracks again. That makes me feel better. Aso i got a note from them to take to my medical worker, so i can get on medical without a plan, that will make it easier for drs to treat me. So its been a good day.

The only downside was my 4 yr old son had to get 4 shots and he screamed bloody murder, they did them all one at a time, so he knew exactly wat was coming. I had to hold him down, talk about heart breaking, i was crying by the time we were all done.

But all in all it was a productive day!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

JoJo;
    I'm glad that you are doing better and I am ecstatic to hear that your doctors are now saying that they will make sure that you do not slip through the cracks.
    Isn't the 24 hour urine a blast!! Uggh. I think we've all been there and done that. But, it is an important test to determine protein leakage, which will determine kidney function. So, we all endure it :P
    My heart breaks everytime I hear a young child crying when having blood drawn. I thought that they used one needle and just changed the vials. You mean they actually stuck him four separate times? That sounds a bit antiquated to me (not to mention unfair and painful!). I hope that he is better now.
    You both deserve a little TLC!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Oh....I am THRILLED for you right now!! Thank God the docs responded the way that they did...Now you can start managing your disease! This will also decrease a great amount of stress for you, which is not at all good for this disease.
    Yeah, shots stink...Im glad mine are a little older and there are no more bundles of shots for them!!
    Now, dont forget there is some things that you must do as well to keep your disease managable...1)plenty of rest, 2) healthy diet and 3) Stay out of the sun...
    Thank you for keeping us posted and again, Im really happy you took the steps that were suggested to keep yourself well. Maybe your little one (and Mommy) deserve an ice cream cone tonight!! (Ice cream helps everything!!)
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Jojo, I'm really glad to hear your health is getting the attention it deserves. All the tests are not exactly a laugh-riot, but knowing what's going on will make all the difference in the world. (Sorry your son had to be a 'pin cushion' - hope it's all just a dim memory now!)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

thank you every one. yea im glad that they are paying attention to me, and i hope it says that way, i want to feel better, at least as much as possible, and i know that means being on the right meds and making the right changes in my life.

my son is ok now, lol i did give him ice cream, and he watched me get my blood drwn today, and was happy that i didnt yell like him.