Thread: Questions bout hair loss due 2 chemo......need help!!

Thanks

Default Questions bout hair loss due 2 chemo......need help!!

Ive had lupus for about 6 years and about 2 years ago it started attackin my kidneys. for the past 6 months I have been taking chemotherapy treatments and have loss a generous amount of hair. I was wondering if anyone knew of any kind of treatment I can use to start growing my hair back or do I just have to wait until the treatment is over?.... Its starting to get really hot outside and I do not think I can deal with wearin wigs any longer.

Thanks

Kimmy,

I hope the loss of your hair isn't affecting you emotionally...hugs...

Your hair will continue to fall out, till the therapy is over....sigh..hugs.

My mother went through chemotherapy for cancer. I remember her feeling such a loss for losing most of her crown. She had thick, long hair that she would tousle into a bun...beautiful.

She hung on to the few strands left as if losing them, she would lose herself. I talked to her, asking her if I could just shave her hair off, so there wouldn't be a constant reminder of what was...and she wouldn't feel so awful as she looked at what was left. She agreed. And you know, she felt so much better..and opted for the nude..hairless look.

I bought here baby cotton stretch caps for her head, for the cold nights. She became created with scarf and hats. While going with the nude look she added bigger earrings..added more color to here makeup....maybe that would be an option you might like, in lieu of a wig...

Be well,
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

There are women who actually shave it all off just for kicks. I sometimes wear a headcovering (prayer covering). I have a small purple lace scarf with ties on it. It's cool, small and looks fine. - Be comfortable in the summer. It's too hot for sweltering!

Wanda