Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Appt. Tomorrow

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Dr. Appt. Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is another Drs. appt. This time he is going to see if the antibiotics cleared up the staph infection on my back. Then he is going to take a biopsy of it for skin cancer, I believe. I have been suffering from a yeast infection, or some type of vaginal infection since I got on the antibiotics. It has made me really tired. I am exhausted by 3:00 in the afternoon and can't seem to keep my eyes open, so I doze off. Yesterday night, I slept for 12 hours. Unfortunately, I don't feel rested when I wake up.

Boyfriend is really stressed out since he has been on Workman's Compensation. The company he works for has been screwing around with his pay since he has been on light duty. Drs. are divided as to whether to release him to return to work. Meanwhile, he has lost out on a really good job that would have lasted for 5 years because he is not yet released to go back to work. I don't blame the Drs., but feel bad for him because he is in a kind of limbo land.

The good news is that my daughter who recently got married, and moved to Oceanside found a job in her field. She is a marriage and family therapist intern. Her first day in the new job was Monday.

Lastly, I will be getting an esofogram in August. I have been having difficulty swallowing certain foods, and the Dr. wants to make sure I don't have some type of blockage in the esophagus area.

Thanks to all of you for hearing me out. It is so theraputic just to write about the events that are happening in my life.

DrinkofWtr

Thanks

Well, sounds like alot has been going on in your world. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

It's better, health wise, if your boyfriend waits until he is completely ready and released to go to back to work and not rush off and have a set back but I can feel for him as well on missing out of what might have been a great opprotunity; however there may be something better out there for him, remember all things happen for a reason.

That's great about your daughter, I love to hear about people thriving in their fields, especially that area.

Hang in there and let us know how things go.

Thanks

DrinkofWatr..

Antibiotics can give you a yeast infection by changing the normal balance between organisms in the vagina by decreasing the number of protective bacteria.

You can either go to the doctors for a diagnose if you never had one prior. If you had and recognize the symptoms you can go the local drug and pick up an OTC cream to treat it.

Wishing you wellness with your staph infection tomorrow, that it has cleared up and that is all it will ever be, just an infection..gone..

Night...
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hey Drink -
    First off, I understand about the hubby thing...mine is a union sheet metal worker. Though he has never been hurt at work (ThankGod), he has had to deal with layoffs over the past few years, and he gets CRAZY when he's not working. He'll do a TON of stuff around here (has built decks, make cabinets..good for me...lol), but its not the same. He can get VERY discouraged and depressed, almost. Hopefully somehting will break soon, and as PIP said, there is always a plan, and probably a better job down the road for him...
    The yeast problem I know a good amount about. First off, you should be taking pro-biotics (acidopholus) sp. which you can get at any local drugstore. All this does is replenish the normal bacterial flora to your system. Basicaly, when you are on anti-biotics, the medicine kills all the bad bacteria causing the infection. What happens though, is it also kills the GOOD bacteria. The good bacteria eats extra cndida, or yeast in your system. Thus, with no good bacteria, the yeast becomes overgrown in our systems. This leads to vaginal yeast infections, but we can also have an overload of yeast in our intestines, which can then get into our bloodstream. This leads to symptoms of fatigue, general malaise, lethargy, etc. When you start the probiotics, it replenishes the GOOD bacteria, which will start to take care of the extra yeast, thus balancing out the overgrowth in the intestines. As Oluwa said, as well, an OTC vaginal yeast treatment will help with the symptoms in that area as well. Yogurt is also a good source of probiotics, and you should always have some on hand when taking anti-biotics.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out!!
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Drs. Appt.

Hi Everybody:

Well I went to the Dr. today and I told him my left calf has been aching a lot lately, so he sent me over to the hosptal for an ultrasound of my leg calves. He is a bit worried about blood clots, as I have had them in the past. Told me to take aspirin once a day and elevate my leg and wrap it in compression type bandages. I am scheduled to see him in another week and they will let me know sooner, if I have a clot problem.

Yes indeed, I do have a yeast infection which I am taking over-the-counter medication for and if that doesn't work I have a prescription.
    Got a tetanus shot also. I stepped on a staple coming out of my rug in my house and also cut my finger on a dirty piece of glass on the rug also.

Going to get an esofogram in August for the swallowing problem and a shave biopsy for the suspicious looking spot on my back.

Today has been a typical run here, run there type of day. I just want to stay home and elevate my leg. Seems like something always comes up that reprioritizes the day. Can't stay home tomorrow either, as I have to go see mom and dad and they live in another town. Thanks for the replies and your help and concern.

DrinkofWtr.

Thanks

Hey Drink -
    Glad your doc took your symptoms seriously...Mine did not this week when I told him of my aching and swollen calfs...I hope your is not serious.
    Hey, can Mom and Dad come there to see you?? Maybe you could get a little break? If not, rest your leg as much as possible...I know thats easy to say, but try to take care of yourself...and dont forget those probiotics!! They are harmless, and only help your yeast problem.., OK?
    Take care drink...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Laurid:

Mom and Dad couldn't come and see me. They had Dr. appts. down where they live today. I did get down to see them though before they went to their appts.

Had to go to urgent care today as my leg was paining a lot. They didn't do much. They kind of shined me on until they get the results of my ultrasound tomorrow. They couldn't even find my chart. They thought my regular Dr. statched it somewhere and he wasn't in this afternoon when I went to the urgent care.

Also, I almost ended up in the emergency room choking on food today. I will be glad when I can get the esofogram completed. They can't or won't get me in any sooner than 12 August. Not a good day in the annuals of days.

I just hope I can get some sleep tonight. I wasn't able to get my prescription for the antiinflammatory filled for my leg, as the pharmacy had a 45 minute wait and I was too exhausted after running around to wait to ge it filled tonight.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day, less harried.

Thanks

DrinkofWtr...

Just to be nag..smile...eat slow, chew, chew, chew your food and sip water with eat bite before swallowing. I know it is tedious, a pain in the butt cheeks..makes food take like cardboard but that is your prevention at least till you get in on the 12th.

My food too use to get stuck for hours, I too had been to the ER..thinking I was having a heart attack though..nope a food ball. Had an Upper Endoscopy and they dilated my esophagus..

Nagging and hugs,
    OLuwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Oluwa:

I believe that is what is in store for me too--a diliation of the esophagus. Thanks Oluwa for your tips and input.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Friday afternoon, I ended up in urgent care. Mt leg was paining so much I just couldn't stand it anymore. Anyway the ultrasound finally came back and said there was no blood clot. Good news, but still no relief for the pain in the leg. Got the antiinflammatory filled and after a couple of days the pain started to subside. Don't know if it is the medicine that is helping or if it was a flare-up that subsided?

Today is Monday and I woke up with a headache on the right side of my head. It doesn't help that construction is taking place next door in the apartment complex where I live. Part of the manager's quarters is being converted into a studio apartment. If I can drag myself out of bed and get dressed, I am going to get out of here and go to the beach so I don't have to hear this construction noise all day long. Otherwise, I am going to scream!