Thread: pleurisy

Thanks

Default pleurisy

Hi,
    Has anyone had pleurisy last for weeks on end? I have never had it last for more than five at the most, and my lupus flare has never been this out of control, it think it is because of the work related stress. They decided that I disabled due to my restrictions, and that has put my family at risk for loosing our home etc, anyway, I just wanted to know about the
    first question above, if anyone has any advice.
    Thank you,
    Wendi :

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pleurisy is common in lupus and is most often treated with corticosteroids (such as Prednisone). You are absolutely correct that stress can make the symptoms worse and can make them last longer. You should not be in such pain for such a long period of time, an excess amount of fluid can accumulate in the pleural space. This is called a pleural effusion and occurs less often than pleurisy and is a more serious condition than pleurisy. I would suggest that you contact your doctor to start treatment before your condition evolves into something more serious.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi there,
    I have actually had pleruisy for a couple of months -- depending on what antibiotic he puts me on. Some clear it up in a week or so but some don't. YES STRESS is part of it..........