Thread: New at this

Thanks

Default New at this

Hi there, I'm new at this, mainly trying to come to the terms that I have lupus and opening up about it. It's comforting to find this community and support system to learn from, thank you! I was diagnosed about 6 months ago and it has been a semi-understanding answer to how I have been feeling these past few years. I attributed my extreme fatigue, joint pain and haggard look to just being a full-time student and professional. I think I first considered that there might be more to how I felt when in one week I had multiple people pull me aside and question me about if I was ill, or if something was wrong...I guess it was written all over my face.

Looking forward to learning from you all

M.

Thanks

Hi Maggie and Welcome!

You will be very happy you joined this site. Its full of great people, who TRULY understand. Also, the information provided here is incredibly accurate and unbiased.
    Are you on any medications yet? How are you feeling? Hope you have tamed the beast for now...
    Keep us posted!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Maggie;
    Welcome to our family :lol: I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us.
    Most of us have come to realize that we suffered, for many years, with symptoms of Lupus prior to finally being diagnosed. Like you, we attributed our various aches, pains, fatigue, etc. to our lifestyles. Now we know that those were all indications of this disease that we've probably had for many years.
    You will find that everyone here understands what you are dealing with. The people here are very supportive, willing to answer all of your questions, and are more than happy to provide you with comfort when you need it. This cyber community has become more of a cyber family and we welcome you with open arms.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!