Thread: about to lose everything I have

Thanks

Default about to lose everything I have

Well here's a day to talk about. I work on commission and I took a draw since Jan. Well because I am sick I did not meet the amount that I took.. So I have to pay back the office about $6,000...great! This means I do not take a pay check until I catch the debt up. I do not work well because I am in soooooo much pain and so tired. (have trouble sitting up) Just found out today I am denied disability. Big deal I knew it wouldnt go thru
    they dont find the every day suffering of lupus a disabilty. OK. I have no money for meds ...the clinic here is really hard to work with.There is only one day a week to pickup meds and I have to work on that day. I cant afford to go to DR. The clinic does not have any one to deal with lupus.
    They are turning my electricity off this thursday. My daughters birthday was planned for this Saturday( nothing big just some friends with cake) but no lights no party. the phone will be off soon and the car insurance is due...keep in mind I make about $200 per week. Cut back pay because I am having trouble working , I am a travel agent. I am trying to get help from united way . I have to sell my house before they foreclose and try to get into low income housing, which in our area is crack house heaven. I have to give away our dogs which have been with us for 8 years. I cant take care of our house and yard and repairs so it would be better to be in apartment but I really will miss my home it belonged to my grandparents when they were alive. My children will be so upset when I tell them we have to move. this may mean a different school system. I have keep them in the same school district from day one. I have food stamps ..thats a plus. It is so hard imagining no money till Jan. I cant find another job because my lupus has been so bad for 3 years with no remission or relief.
    I can only say that I have lost everything that I worked so hard for. I used to work 2 to 3 jobs and only slept 3 to 4 hours a night. I worked so we could have a home and furniture and now it is all gone. I wwas told when they turn the power off they will take my children. GREAT! I can not get assistance or help but they will be glad to take my kids. WHAT A DAY!
    I truely blame the lupus because if I was not sick I could work and support my family, I did all my life until lupus hit me hard. I have had lupus for 16years or more and I was not sick like this. Every day my body is slowing down more and more. Then pain is more than I ever had to deal with. I cant even think straight. Well thanx for letting me whine.
    Kathleen Gardo

Thanks

You are not whining. You are in desperate times right now. Whining is when you don't have a reason!!! You have a few!!!

I don't really know what to say but that I'm praying for you and your children! I'm so sorry for everything you are going through.

I will continue to pray for you.
    Love, Laugh and Live Hard...

Thanks

Thank you so much!
    Kathleen Gardo

Thanks

Default Re: about to lose everything I have

Hey!!

I know it's not easy to stand up and keep fighting, I had been fighting for years with the flare up . You have to keep fighting, keep up, hold to your faith, you have to know that night is darkest when dawn is coming. I don't know if where you live the FPL provides you with electric power , but anyway go to the web site of the electric company of your area, there they have a section that will tell you about how to get help for paying your electric bill, because when we pay our bill we have the option to give something for people that need help, so there is always an emergency fund. Also look around in the web and maybe you can find info on how to get help for paying your bills. Don't give up. I had learned that there is no excuse for stop fighting, you will see that you will get through. Oh , also let me tell you you have to fight back your disability , usually they deny the first application , so, keep going!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi:
    Marinera is right about disability. They deny the first claim even without looking at its merits. It is a standard practice for them...you have to keep fighting them.
    Is there a lupus foundation in your area? Generally they have information and referrals available that might help you to find ways to help you and your children. Especially regarding assistance with paying bills, utilities and buying food.
    Like Marinera said, there is a wealth of information of the internet, many times the city that you reside in also provides assistance. Look for non-profit organizations in your area that assist with food, bills and sometimes even rent. There is, generally, a lot of assistance out there. It takes a diligent search to find them and the internet is a powerful source!
    Stay as positive as you can. We are here to support you in any way that we can!
    Best of Luck
    Saysusie