Thread: IM NEW! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

Thanks

Default IM NEW! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

hello i am new to the site, but i am staring to feel as if i may need some advice fromothers who are going through the same. I dont think lupus is a cuurse or the worse because it is always someone in worse shape than me, i am truly blessed because i am able to still walk, drive, go to work and school. sometimes the lupus tries to get the best of me on the weekend, i tend to get headaches and nausea during the weekends, not so sure why, i am on 2.5 of pred and 400mg of plaquinil i will be off the pred. by the first of Aug. My Doctors and I are very happy that i acan come off of it, since i started at 60mg pred in Jan. i also have arthritis in both hands with sudden movements
    Lord Jesus Christ, be near me in my time of weakness and pain; substain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to your will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord my God. Amen

Thanks

Hi Jessica
    Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good people who come in here that can answer a lot of quetions. I am rather new to the site. Saysusie will be along shortly and others too. I don't know why you are having headaches on the weekends. Maybe some of the others in here will be able to answer that for you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jessica;
    First, welcome to our family. You will find that our members are very informative, caring, supportive, and understanding. I'm glad that you joined us.
    It is very difficult for us to give you advice on why you are only experiencing headaches on the weekend. What types of activities are you involved in on the weekend? Are you outdoors in the sun more often? Are you in stressful situations on weekends? Are you involved in physical activities on the weekend? What are your eating habits on weekends and what foods do you eat more of that you do not consume during the week?
    As you can see, there are quite a few variables that might affect your headaches and until you can pin point what applies to you, there is really no way of knowing why this is happening.
    Many members have found that keeping a journal (of their activities, food consumed, etc. and what their symptoms were during these periods) helps them immensely in learning how their Lupus responds to things, how they can manage their lupus to avoid flare-ups, and how to best work with their doctors in order to find a treatment regimen that works for them. You might want to start doing this yourself, especially on weekends, so that you can get some insight into what may be causing you to suffer more on weekends.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you all for the helpful replys. im not quite sure, i do not do anything differently on the weekends besides not going to work, i watch tv, maybe go to a movie but im not an outside in the sun type of person, im in Fl and on a good day its 90 degrees so i do not like the sun.Saturday night i went to the movies, by the end of the movie i had a headache with nausea, i thought i was going to pass out. Sunday my family and I went out to dinner and by the time i got home i was sick....so sick i just went to sleep, it seems thats all i can do. i did notice that when i took any pills to make my headache go away it did not agree with the plaquinil.....sick sick sick!
    Lord Jesus Christ, be near me in my time of weakness and pain; substain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to your will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord my God. Amen

Thanks

Jessica..

Welcoming you with a warm hug...

Are you eating at different times, taking you medicine on an empty stomach..any changes when you dose and with what types of food...

Not getting your weekday dose of caffeine on the weekend..

I use to get sicker on the weekends, but mine was due to stress. I learned to except my husbands travel, learn to be alone, learned I didn't have to do everything...stopped cooking dinner for a midnight dining waiting for him to land.......and my symptoms went back to "my norm"....

It's Saturday...hope this weekend has been less symptomatic for you...

Be well...
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.