Thread: Any advice

Thanks

Default Any advice

Need some advice. Yesterday as I was picking my daughter up from daycare I noticed something on her hand. I thought it looked like a lesion but I brushed it off. Today after her bath I saw a more distinct scar that looks JUST like my lesions. I have had lesions for a while so usually I can tell immediately. And these look like lesions so much I am panicking. What should I do? She's not even two yet

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Little ones sometimes have skin rashes that we can't understand how they have got it. I can't diagnose your daughter nor can I say it's not Lupus. If you are concerned about the lesions/rash I would take her to your doctor to have it diagnosed and treated. I'm sorry I can't help you with this. Maybe someone who has been here much longer than I have.

Thanks

It's not a spider bite, is it?...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Does your daughter have Lupus? If not then I would suggest taking her to the doctor. Take pictures of them so he can see what they look like in case they have gone away. There are so many childhood illnesses that have rashes/legions as well as things she could be allergic to. Don't panic. Just take precautions

let us know
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-29-2013)

Thanks

Ditto to what the others have said. Be sure to take pictures as the appearance can change by the time the doctor's able to see her.

Take a deep breath.....

Thanks

Did you ever find out? My thought was the start of hand-foot-mouth disease which is common amount children
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Hey so sorry for the late replies. I did not find out the dr doesn't want to run a test and I am certain it was a lesion but I won't stress it I just try to promote a healthy immune system for her. She gets plenty of fruits and veggies and occasionally a vitamin. I am fearful I just don't want to wait until its too late like my family I use to have ulcers in my mouth with nose bleeds and extremely exhausted and my family never listened. I won't do that to my daughter

Thanks

just keep a eye on her keep a journal of any other changes if there are any any other symptoms similar to yours so if there are you can then go to the doctor with this journal and requests further testing. most of us keep journals here for our medical reasons. I have a daughter who also has lupus . so iknow how scary it can be . hugs kim

Thanks

I am trying to do that and not over react. How old was your daughter when you found out she had it? I am scared that I passed it to her during pregnancy I've been showing signs of it since I was 17

Thanks

my daughter was 20 when she found out but had been showing signs since she was about 8 . in some cases it can be hereditary my mum has it I have it and my eldest daughter has it. but do not panic this is not always the case only in some families.