Thread: Red spots on skin & new diagnosis??

Thanks

Default Red spots on skin & new diagnosis??

Hi,

I have been getting red spots on my arms. Some are very tiny, & some are larger. They look just like blood, but it is under my skin. They last for a few days and fade and leave a scar! Broken little blood vessels or what?? Anyone have these or know what is going on? I am currently on plaquenil, very low dose prednisone (only 2 mg - Doc is tapering me off) and Ibuprofen. I went off Cellcept 4 months ago. My new rheumy thinks I am in remission (according to my labs, only thing elevated is my DsDNA). I thought remission meant NO symptoms...?? I was under the care of a rheumatologist for almost 7 years and he gave me a diagnosis of Sjogrens with an overlap of lupus, now this new doctor changed the diagnosis to Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. :roll:

Pam

Thanks

Hi Pam,
    Im not sure about the bumps, but that is the second time in as many days that Ive read someone was RE-diagnosed with something due to the bloodwork being better. Being on meds can improve the bloodwork, I believe, so why change the Dx?
    Is there a conspiract out there to Dx as LITTLE people as possible with lupus? I would not be comfortable with a doc telling me I DIDNT have something after so long, and saying I had something else...Saysusie? What do you think?
    Pam - I hope you get some answers soon, honey...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

I agree with PP

Thanks

Thank you, Lauri. Sometimes I start doubting myself and I hate that! I wish my doctor had not moved away.....
    Thanks for your support!!!
    Pam

Thanks

Hello Pamela...

I think I have the red dots same as you. Broken capillaries on the surface of the skin. Mine look like pin head size cherry jell-o spots. I have them about my body, no generalized area.

On my thigh a few.... forearm, chest, breast...

Today I am plagued with diaper rash about my whole body...I look like a flaky pie crust. Nails cut to quick...

Jell-o, pie crust...whipping cream? Anyone?

:shock:
    L.,
    O
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I have MAJOR broken capilleries - everywhere, even my face. But its not in one really localized area its all over the place, lik ou said Oluwa.
    Ill pass on the Jell O tonight...Ive been eating ice cream EVERY NIGHT this week...and not a little, either!! That and the prednisone and I should look just beautiful soon!! lol
    OMG - it brings me so much pleasure...I cant even put it into words...
    Pam - NEVER doubt yourself...we know our bodies, and, really, who in the world WANTS to feel like this?? I know there are some crazies out there who need attention, but not that many!!
    Always follow your gut (no pun intended) when it comes to your health. I gave up and for three years - lay sick in limbo - all the while I could have been getting treated if I didnt doubt MYSELF. Please dont make the same mistake I did. Be persistant!! Its YOUR life, not the Docs!!
    Take care, honey
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Pamela,

They could be petechiae - caused by a low platelet (they clot your blood) count. My platelets dropped to 3,000 (I think a normal number is like 150,000) in 1997. I had reddish-purplish dots all over my body. It's like bruising under your skin. My gums also bled when I brushed my teeth, even when I brushed gently.

You should get blood work done. Mine resolved with a round of prednisone.

Jackie