Thread: Business owner with Lupus

Thanks

Default Business owner with Lupus

[color=violet]Hi everyone I am new the group. I am 31 and I have had Lupus since I was 13. So I'm pretty much an expert on the details of Lupus. I currently have my own Bookkeeping business which is going fairly well for just being in business 1 year. However, I am starting to become dicouraged and frutrated. My business is growing and demands soooo much of my time, however because of my Lupus, depression and anemia I am ALWAYS SOOO TIRED :sleeping: I can't afford fulltime help yet. Whatever money I make goes to bills. I really want my business to grow and succeed, but I am getting weary and overwhelmed. I strive to provide superior and professional service to my clients but running a business is very hard. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A CHRONIC ILLNESS!!! as well as suffer from depressionops: I usually don't get up until about 9:30-10:00am, but then I am exhusted by 2:00 pm, However I end up pushing myself during the week, just to meet the demends of my business. As a result, I am burned out and sick all weekend. All my friends are mad and disgusted with me because I don't call them or hang out anymore. I really wish I had some help. I am single, and I am an only child. My mom lives in GA and helps me as much as she can. If she could have it her way, she would have me move to GA with her and not work at all. That is her dream not mine. I just don't know how much longer I can push myself. I love being an entraprenuer. I can't see myself not working ....before I started my business I was broke and depressed. While everyone was at work, I was home stareing at the walls. Haveing my own business gives me a feeling of independence. I really don't have a question for the group, I just needed to vent. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly apreciate it. I just hate the limitations that Lupus puts on me. Can anyone relate :?:

Yugie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Yugie;
    I bet that we can all realate to the limitations forced upon us by LUPUS. Many of us have had to quit our jobs or take early retirement because we could no longer maintain the energy needed to do our daily work related tasks. I, myself, opted for the early retirement and have started my own home business in order to keep myself occupied and to earn a little income. You are very lucky in that you love what you are doing and that makes it worth the effort to continue. But, you must make your health your priority or you will not be able to continue your business if you fall ill. You still have to allow yourself time for productive and recuperative rest periods, somehow. Also, take some time to do some form of exercise. Regular exercise helps with the joint pains, depression and will give you added energy. Start slowly with stretches and some weight bearing moves (like short walks) and listen very carefully to your body...don't over do!
    We do not mind you venting at all...that is part of the reason why this forum is here. We are here to listen to you, to offer you support and comfort and to let you know that you are not alone.
    Besty of Luch in your business
    Take very good care of yourself
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie