Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a while to decide but I finally joined!

Thanks

Default Took a while to decide but I finally joined!

Hi all,
    I am new to the site but not new to lupus. Was diagnosed in 2002. I am hoping to find support from fellow lupies. Take care for now!

Thanks

Hi Mela
    Welcome to the site. There are a lot of us here that have SLE and other autoimmune disorders. Everyone here is very supportive and understanding. You will get some very good advice and help here. The folks that post here are wonderful. I am not new to Lupus either. I got diagnosed in 1996, but had symptoms nearly all of my life. I hope that you keep posting and welcome to the site.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hey mela. Welcome!!
    I was diagnosed last Nov. I am very new to lupus and all of it wonderful little sidekicks. I know that the others here will be along shortly to welcome you. I am sure hat you will find that this is a very wonderful group of caring people.

Again welcome

K

Thanks

Welcome Mela

There's lupus in my family, so I'm no stranger to it. I'm not fully diagnosed but I am being treated. I'm kinda frustrated right now and tired from the constant battling, so I'm coasting for a bit to rest up before I start the fight to get a proper diagnoses.

This is a wonderful site, very supportive. You can find lots of information, room to vent and laugh and cry. We even support a good whine now and then :lol:
    Oh look ... a cookie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Mela,

If you are looking for support from fellow lupies, you have come to the right place. The support and friendship I've found here has helped me get through my bad days. I think you will find that here too. Welcome!

Rob

Thanks

Default Thank you!

Thank you to those who have welcomed me. I already feel the support. I have to admit that this is the first message board i have ever joined so i am not that familiar with the forum format and how to search for past posts when searching for information on a particluar topic. I would appreciate any tips and thanks again for the welcomes.

Thanks

As you've noticed the site is brocken into sections.

new members (meet and greet)

symptoms (if you have something funky going on you can look in there and see if any one else has posted a topic about it; if not they you can post a question about what you are experiancing.)

Medications (if you have any medication questions or concerns you can check in there or ask a question in there)

Mostly this is a very informal site. And every one is very understanding. So dont worry too much about where you post what. We are respectful of each other. No one judges or shames anyone.

It's nice to be somewhere that understands brain fog and rambling and who takes questions and concerns seriously.

There's alot of compassion here.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mela :lol:

Welcome to our family! You've already met some of our members and you've discovered that this is a family and everyone is important! You've come to the right place for information, support, comfort and understanding.
    As Sits-in-the-corner stated, you can pretty much post anything anywhere and you will get a response. But, yes, the forums are broken up into subjects.
    If you want to search for a particular subject, like fatigue, you can click on the "search" link above (all of the links are in blue at the top of this page). That will bring up a page where you can type in the word "fatigue" and click "search". That will bring up all of the posts in these forums that have that word in them. You can read everything that we've discussed about fatigue.
    We are here to help you in any way that we can and you will find that, no matter when you sign on, there is always someone here. We've turned into a global family...but a family nonetheless :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default thank you again

Thank you sits_inthe_corner and saysusie, your tips for navigating the site are very helpful. I do not get much support at home so i know this site will help me get through the most difficult of days. I already feel like part of the family!! Thanks again! Mela

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol: You are most welcome!! I am glad that you are here!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!