Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nerves?

Thanks

Default Nerves?

I'm having a problem with my left hand. Does anyone have any ideas? The problem is every time I press my middle or ring finger, my hand shakes. As soon as I let up, it stops. There is a wierd feeling that lingers for a few minutes. It scares me, I can't make it quit. Could it be a nerve problem? Does anyone have this, and does it go away. It just started an hour ago. I have to pec at the keys with the left hand. Just a little worried and scared, never had such a problem :shock: . Its just so wierd feeling!!
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus can cause several different types of nerve damage. Lupus can also cause several different types of muscle damage. Some medications can cause muscle spasm. I am sorry, but there are so many possibilities for me to give you any indication of what is causing this problem. I know that you are afraid and I am not offering you much help or comfort. I would suggest that you contact your doctor as soon as you can, explain the symptom and ask to bee seen for evaluation.
    Please let us know what you find out!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie, I understand. I think I just had a little freak out. I don't take any meds right now due to dental work, so at least I can rule that out. I see new rhuemy on 14th, should I wait until then? I do appreciate the reply, its a comfort in itself. I think it really scared me because it doesn't take much pressure to type, but would shake everytime I used those 2 fingers. Its better for the moment, only wierd tingle if I use them. I have dentist app. today, hopefully get back in time to call my regular doc. Would that be more ideal, or wait for rhuemy? Not sure what either could do. Thanks again, knowing many things can cause it actually makes me feel a little better. I don't feel as if its some rare wierd thing.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would suggest that you call your rheumy to advise him of the problem and ask him if he needs to see you sooner.
    Let us know what you and he decide.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks, I will .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Cheryl - if it is a problem when you type, it might also be a repetitive injury - like carpal tunnel or tendonytis.

Do talk to your rheumy - but you might get refered to an ortho!

Take care -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hi Hatlady. Its in anything I do. Just surprised me happening with typing, so little pressure applied with typing. I'm begining to think a pinched nerve maybe the culprit. Fingers are easing up some, but now I'm having skin trouble on right side of back and stomache. I puled a muscle on right side of back 2 days ago. Now skin on back stings and burns. Skin on stomache stings a little and is numb :? . Can't feel when rub or scratch skin, just so wierd. Thanks for reply. Not to sound dumb, but what kind of doc is an ortho? Know it, but just can't remember for some reason.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Cheryl;

Wow, with all that going on, you do need to call your rheumy!

an Ortho is an orthopedic doc - at least in the lingo I used to use when I worked in healthcare. We also called them "orthopods" - which sounds somewhat like a snail, if you ask me.... :lol:
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hi Hatlady. Thanks, as soon as I read it I had one of those "duh" moments. This has been a wierd experience of symptoms. I'll call monday .
    Cheryl

Thanks

The problem with the skin on back and stomache be from a pinched nerve? The back muscle is finally easing up, but the skin is getting more intense. The skin on back still numb a little and stings, but now hurts if touched by clothes, sheets, hands, or anything. The stomache is now the worse. it is more numb and sting feel than the back, even itches and hurts to scratch. Yet there's this numb feel at the same time. It feels like when you rub or scratch your skin thru clothing, you feel the pressure but not on the surface of the skin. Its driving me mad. Its kind of put the problem with the fingers on the back burner. Tried hot bath and cool pool, feels better while in the water. But it comes back as soon as out of water. Tried muscle rub, big mistake. Hurt (bad sting feel) and made me shiver. What is going on? All the while, the skin looks perfectly normal. Any advice to relieve this? I'm calling doc tomorrow, just looking for some relief today. Not sure if there is anything they can do anyways .
    Cheryl