Thread: A symphony of symptoms

Thanks

Default A symphony of symptoms

Since being dxd in Feb, and belonging to this forum, it really amazes me that I didn't always recognise some of my symptoms at all. My body seemed to grow into it and my mind accepted it as part of aging!!

Now I'm in danger of assuming that every litlle twinge is part of the SLE or Sjogrens. I've read extensively (not always reatained extensively) about SS and SLE and all my little niggles make sense.

Yesterday I couldn't chew my pizza properly because my jaw on the left side was incredibly sore. In the past, if my jaw ached, I'd make an excuse and say I must have ground my teeth at night (not that I do!!) Can't open my mouth properly. So Can't complain too much!! :lol:

Sore ear too - but this is on the other side of my face. Perhaps this isn't part of IT. Hopefully just a temporary visit like everyone else gets. Will have to visit the doc this morning!

I'm leaving later today on a 10 day holiday with the family, to the Kruger Park in South Africa. YAY!!!!! Going to see all the lions, leopards and my favourite, the elephant etc in the wild!

Take good care everyone,
    ColleenT

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Colleen;
    Hope you have a wonderful trip, take lots of pictures :lol:
    Like you, I hate to think that every little idiosyncrasy in my body is due to Lupus. However, whenever I bring it to my doctor's attention, it turns out that, in some way, it is!
    Your jaw problems may be early signs of TMJ (I suffer with this also). TMJ is a symptoms of Fibromyalgia which is a co-existing disease with Lupus (fun huh?). Also, Lupus is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation. As such, TMJ can be caused by Lupus.
    TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) relates to the jaw joint. The TMJ connects the lower jaw (mandible) to the skull (temporal bone) in front of the ear. TMJ syndrome may cause ear pain, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and hearing loss. Sometimes people mistake TMJ pain for an ear problem, such as an ear infection, when the ear is not the problem at all. Certain facial muscles control chewing. Problems in this area can cause head and neck pain, a jaw that is locked in position or difficult to open, problems biting or chewing, and popping sounds when you bite.
    Perhaps you can discuss this possibility with your doctor when you return from your vacation. Until then...have a wonderful time! :P

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!