Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D and Calcium

Thanks

Default Vitamin D and Calcium

Does anyone else take these? My new rheumie said he wants me to take a calcium supplement with Vitamin D twice a day to protect my bones from the steroids. He then gave me a bone density test to make sure I dont need another supplement as well (Havent heard yet, hes on vaca for 10 days).
    Just curious..
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Mine recommended the same. I take a calcium pill that has vitamin D i it and I also take vitamins.

Thanks

Thanks PIP -
    I also take a womans multi vitamin. I used to take a product called "Vitalert" which is found with all the rest of the vitamins. It is LOADED with B Vitamins, and some herbs that help with energy. It has some caffiene in it too. It worked wonders for my fatigue while I was in my last flare up. They are about $10 at Walmart. I havent taken them in a while, with the steroids on board as well I think Id have a little TOO much energy - and not the good kind :shock: if you know what I mean. Any brands of the calcium better than the others? Or are they all the same?
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Yes take them....

The D is important for helping with cell regeneration and you need to take it twice a day.

I just wrote a blurb on not taking your calcium with other medications. Take it...but try to take it two hours away from any medication. I think is should say this on the calcium bottle somewhere.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

SITC,

I think I missed that one, I have been taking all of my meds at the same time.

Thanks

Thank you SITC -
    Im glad you are back online. Your knowlege and sense of humor are a great comfort to me (and many others, Im sure!).
    I know you havent been feeling all that well...Im so sorry about that. I hope you get some relief soon!!
    Thinkng of you...
    Lauri

Thanks

:shock: Major brain fog....glad I re read this post :shock:

I've slipped in my own advise and forgot that I shouldn't be taking the calcium with my other medications. DUH!
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

My bones already turned to ash BEFORE they told me about the damage from prednisone. After an accident, 4 years ago, where I broke my back in 2 places and shattered my pelvis beyond repair (and a lot of other stuff) they put me on FOSMAX.

Just a year or two ago my pinky shattered while doing nothing much.

THAT is the worst RX ever! <--for me) It hurt my whole body THEN it built up in my jaws. Now I have the worst jaw pain imaginable. HMO says it's a 'dental problem' (even tho it was caused by the Fosmax). So ... I am working with a dentist to try to re-align my jaw or teeth. (the damage is irreversable)

Take your Calicium & D!

Thanks

i 'v on D for a year &a half ..
    is this something we shud take for life time ?

Thanks

Oh I never knew that. :shock: I usually take my plaquenil in the morning with breakfast and along with my omega-3 fish oil and women's multivitamin with calcium.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."