Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Thanks

Default Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I joined and introduced myself a few months ago but my info. was lost when the board was down for a couple of weeks. I'm a grad student and I was diagnosed with lupus 7 years ago when I was 20 years old. Like many of the people here I was very sick at first and improved with meds, though my symptoms are beginning to flare up more lately-- definitely related to stress. I'm here for general support and some of my concerns are about how lupus will impact my future-- especially my career and having children. I look forward to supporting, and being supported by, all of you!

peace,

em

Thanks

Welcome Back Emilroo,

Glad you found us again.

Thanks

Hi Emilroo,
    Im glad you found your way back. As you may already know, this is a wonderful place to come to to learn from others, find support and just be able to vent to people who truly understand your difficulties.
    I am relatively new to the site, and joined when, after almost 10 years of being incredibly sick on an off (msotly on), my new GP susupected lupus. Many other docs had before as well, yet my ANA is always negative. I was told for years that it COULD NOT be lupus with a negative ANA. I gave up hope of trying to find cure for a while, but pursued it again with this doc. She put me on steroids and plaquenil and I started to feel better almost immediately (couple of days). I just saw my new rheumie today and he confirmed I have seronegative lupus. I sure as heck DONT want this disease, but I am incredibly relieved to finally have an answer after this many years...
    I hope you stick around to get your answers. I may not have those, but Im here for support!!!
    Again Welcome!! Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Welcome back em I'm gena I'm 21 and have a baby and probably had it while I was pregnant and my pregnancy was just fine the normal morning sickness etc also I am in the same boat you are? I quit my job which I loved and was doing very well in just confused majorly I was told to apply for disability any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Em,

Welcome back. I have had Lupus for most of my life from what my doctor tells me. I was in the United States Navy for 5 years on active duty and then in the Naval Reserves for 4 years before I got diagnosed with Lupus and was forced out. I have two children that are now adults and on their own. They do not show any signs of Lupus and my daughter just had a beautiful baby boy and he appears healthy. You can have a good life with Lupus. I hope that you don't give up on your studies and do ok. Good luck.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Back Emilroo :lol:
    We were all a bit lost when the site was down. Slowly, but surely, everyone has been finding their way back and I'm glad that you did too.
    You are definitely in the right place to receive support and to provide support. We are always here and there will always be someone available to give you answers, information, comfort, support, or to just listen. :lol:

Again...welcome back!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your welcome, encouraging words, and good wishes. It encourages me to hear that many of you have been able to have families while having lupus. My husband and I are taking the first step toward a "family" this weekend-- we're adopting our first puppy

Regarding the disability inquiry-- I'm not to sure how one goes about actually applying for SSI/Disability, though I know the government makes it as difficult as humanly possible to actually get disability. Having said that I would (and have!) try to utilize any exceptions/benefits you can. There are many things that can help make living with lupus easier-- like getting a handicap placard for your car or using disability programs and services at school or work.

em

Thanks

Well em I don't know how valuable this is going to be but I have not quite been diagnosed with lupus but its very apparent that I have it I went to target this evening and had to literally sit down several times a while I was panicking because it is becoming more and more of a reality that I have IT anyhow I had a baby February 12th and had absolutely no complications I had aches and pains but had no idea they were related to lupus I have flat feet so just assumed my whole legs ached because of that and also when you are pregnant your breast get bigger I thought that was why my back hurt then about a month ago my hair started to fall out and I thought oh its cause I just had a baby but then my Ana came back positive so yes I believe I have lupus anyhow I think you should definately consult a doctor before attempting to get pregnant good luck and eveyone is in my prayers

Thanks

Well em I don't know how valuable this is going to be but I have not quite been diagnosed with lupus but its very apparent that I have it I went to target this evening and had to literally sit down several times a while I was panicking because it is becoming more and more of a reality that I have IT anyhow I had a baby February 12th and had absolutely no complications I had aches and pains but had no idea they were related to lupus I have flat feet so just assumed my whole legs ached because of that and also when you are pregnant your breast get bigger I thought that was why my back hurt then about a month ago my hair started to fall out and I thought oh its cause I just had a baby but then my Ana came back positive so yes I believe I have lupus anyhow I think you should definately consult a doctor before attempting to get pregnant good luck and eveyone is in my prayers

Thanks