Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Jamaica

Thanks

Default Going to Jamaica

Hello to All

I want to share some good news.......One of my dreams is coming true!!!!

Since my Lupus diagnosis (at age 18) 26 years ago, I have been forced to give up so many of my dreams. Not by choice, it's just that I have been so very sick for so long that one by one they disappeared, while I struggled to stay alive. I'm sure I am not the only one who has had to adjust my dreams.

Now that I've been in remission for 12 years and have been working hard to do all the right things for my body and mind, I am finally realizing a dream that I have had since I was a teenager.

I am going to JAMAICA!!!!! :multi: 8)

My husband surprised me with a trip to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I am sooooo excited I can barely contain myself!! We leave day after tomorrow, June 25th. We are staying at an all-inclusive resort in Negril, where they have 7 miles of white sand beach. (Don't worry, I have my sunscreen and hat already packed.)

We are going to sleep in every day, eat lots of good food, laze by the pool, sit with our toes in the sand, take afternoon naps, eat more good food, watch the sun set, and dance the night away to live Reggae. I am a huge Bob Marley fan and I cannot wait for the dancing part. I had both of hips replaced 8 years ago, and they now work really well for dancing. :lol:

I just had to share my good news with people that can understand how much this means to me. To my heart and soul. To me, this is a slap in the face of Lupus. I am letting Lupus know that IT cannot have every one of my dreams, that I will beat IT in one small way after another.

I wanted to let you all know that I will dance on the beach, under the sun, for each of us that has had to struggle with Lupus. I am going to celebrate, with much joy, the fact that I am alive, that Lupus did not take me, and that I can get out of bed in the morning, stand up and dance and sing to my heart's content. (And then I'll go find a palm tree with shade)

I know so many of you are in pain and suffering and having a really rough time, and I felt a bit guilty about posting this here. But I realized that many of you share the good things that happen to you too. So I feel like now it's my turn. I, too, have had incredible suffering, and so I can truly appreciate this fully.

Thank you for this place that allows us to share with each other and be supported. It has made a wonderful difference for me each day.

I will be gone through the 4th of July holiday, but will be back to posting soon after.

I pray that your troubles will be few, and your joys numerous!!

Take care of yourselves.

Fondly,

Lori (Rastagirl)

p.s. Does Rastagirl make sense now? :lol:

Thanks

Hi Lori,
    I hope that you have a very wonderful trip. I am very happy for you. Let us all know how it goes when you get back. God Bless.

Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Default awesome!!!

That is so exciting!!!!! Have fun!!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

LORI :lol:

Your vacation sounds wonderful; sleeping in, laying around the pool; walking on the beach......I wanna go
    You deserve this vacation, especially after having so many other dreams deffered. I'm glad that you are taking your sunscreen and your hat! Yes, dance on the beach for all of us, have a wonderful time with your husband and come back to tell us all about your trip!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

How exciting!

Have a wonderful time. I am so happy for you that one of your dreams is coming true!

Thanks

Oh..Rasta...Good for you! Ive been to Jamaica and everything there is sooooo sloooowwww. Its wonderful!! Also, there was always Reagae (sp) music playing and I could never figure out from where??
    I LOVED it there...enjoy.....
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Party on Rastagirl, Party on!!!! (Just not too much) Sounds like you deserve that trip and a couple others, but one at a time is good.

Thanks

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! You kick that old Lupus butt and do what you dream of ....hooray for you!

Thanks

Thank you, Thank you, everyone!!!!!!!!!

Your well wishes warm my heart.

The excitement is bubbling over. I've been rushing around with the last minute packing stuff and I cannot wipe the smile off my face. It's been there all day.

When you've been through the toughest of times, it makes the good times so much more special.

I am thanking God with all my heart!!!

Take care each of you

and NO WORRIES, MON!! 8)

Lori

Thanks

Have an absolutely fabulous time! you deserve it!
    Missy