Thread: Pink Eye

Thanks

Default Pink Eye

ok, so now I have pink eye too...no one else (ie small kids) in the family seems to have it. I read somewhere that it can be an underlying symptom of RA or Lupus - comments?

Thx
    Life is a highway, remember, you choose your direction.

Thanks

Interesting :? . I got that a couple months ago and no one else in the house either got it. Only called doc, never went in. Said it was going around and guessed everyone else was lucky? I thought it was really cotagious. Never heard it could possibly be yet another symptom. You learn something new everyday.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Batch007;
    Whether due to Lupus itself, certain lupus medications, or secondary conditions such as Sjogren's, Raynaud's, or Vasculitis, the eyes are often affected in a variety of ways. Since lupus patients are more susceptible to infections, Conjunctivitis (more commonly known as "pink eye") commonly occurs, but is easily treated with antibiotic eye drops.
    The term pink eye is most commonly used to refer to the infectious (viral or bacterial) type of conjunctivitis, but conjunctivitis may also result from allergic reactions or from chemical irritants such as air pollution, smoke, or noxious fumes.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!