Thread: Someone stole my dd brand new bike....

Thanks

Default Someone stole my dd brand new bike....

....right off of our driveway. We had all the kids bikes pulled out of the garage so we could access some other things. They were right up by the house and garage in front of the door. The van was further down the driveway blocking the bikes. This person had to walk all the way up the driveway, past the van and our back door to get to the bikes. I am just livid. My stomach hurts now and I am fight to not throw up. The stress is affecting my GERD.

ARRGH!!!

This is the second incident we have had in this new house. The first was some guy ran over my sons remote control car just last weekend. That could have been my little boy.

WE are looking for a new place to live. The police officer said that we are not in a very good neighborhood. That this neighborhood is where "the undesirables" live.

Somebody talk me down

K

Thanks

You have every right in the world to be livid and very cautious. Thank God they didn't come in the house and mess with you guys, maybe you will feel better if you look at it from that view point.

I really don't what else to say because I would be feeling the same way you do but I am glad to hear that you guys are looking for somewhere but also feel bad for you because you just got there and been thru so many other things.

I can say just keep venting, letting it off your chest, and sound off to us. I know one of the other comforting and caring gurus will come in with something great. Just stick around......

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Noodlemom;
    When I was a Probation Officer, I actually had phone calls from people who were moving into the area. They asked if a certain area had a high crime rate and which area had the lowest crime rate, they asked about schools, police response, etc. I gladly answered those questions for them because I understood how much this could make a difference in their lives and the lives of their children.
    Before making your next move, contact a law-enforcement agency to find the crime rate in the area that you are looking at. Or, you can find this information on the web. You can type in "crime rate zip code xxxxx" and the information will come up. Also, every school is required to list their ranking and it, also, can be found on the web. If you are not comfortable calling a law-enforcement agency, then make sure that your real-estate agent provides you with that information.
    I am so sorry that your new home has already become somewhat undesirable. I hope that you are able to find a more secure, safe, and welcoming place soon, especially since you've been through so much lately. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

That just stinks, Noodlemom. The quality of your neighborhood is so important - you want to feel comfortable when your kids are outside; comfortable if you leave them at home with a sitter. You're right to be thinking about a safer place, but I know that must be overwhelming when you just got there. DO take care of yourself through this....try to find a way to relax. Do something positive for yourself and your family - something that might help you feeling in control. A security light for the driveway - a motion sensor of some kind? One that you can take with you when you move. Even if it wasn't dark, a very bright light that comes on if someone messes around your house would give someone second thoughts about approaching someplace they don't belong. They also sell motion sensors for driveways that send an audible signal inside your house when someone approaches. Could get annoying if a squirrel could trigger it...but otherwise, a possible deterrent. Hope today is a better day, Noodlemom.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Noodlemom,

Anyway you cut it, that just stinks. I was going to tell you a funny story on your other post about how I had one of my R/C cars run over too, (it was my fault, and yet the driver still apologized). But now that I've read this post, I see it's a much more serious situation. I had the misfortune of living in a high crime area for 2 years in Phoenix. Without fail, every weekend was a melee of theft, fights, gangs, or worse. I was in a large apartment complex, and some of the vacant flats had been used as Meth labs. It was bad. What was worse, was the constant worry and stress of living there. I have no doubt that my flares were more frequent, and more severe because of a lack of sleep, the noise and chaos of living in such a place, and being worried that our apartment would be burglarized, or robbed home invasion style. The only solution for me was to move. I know it's easier said than done. If you need to leave, I personally think it's best that you do it now, rather than later. Saysusie has some good advice. There are reputable, non-biased ways of evaluating the crime/police callout information for any given area. I'm sorry this is giving you a stomach ache. I've been so angry and indignant over break-ins that I've had stomach problems too. Yes, it's just a few bikes, but they are YOUR's and your families property, and people who would take that away deserve no quarter as far as I'm concerned. I hope you find a new place sooner than later. Flares are hard enough as it is, you don't need anything to further stoke that fire. Please let us know how it goes.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,
    I am sorry to hear about what has happened to you. I don't blame you for being mad. I hope that you guys can find a better place to live. Try and keep yourselves safe and good luck.

Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Thieves...Stronger than the word dislike is how I feel about them...

I feel your anger, K

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.