Thread: Lupie Newbie

Thanks

Default Lupie Newbie

Just wanted to say hello. I love the site! I have been diagnosed with Lupus/ MCTD for about five years. I love learning all that I can about the disease, mainly because I learn something new about it every day and, let's face it, not many docs are going to tell you very much at all. I think this disease puzzles them as much or more than it puzzles those who have it. Thanks for having this site. I don't know anyone else in my area with Lupus and we don't have a support group locally. I am thinking about trying to get one together. My family would love it if I could complain to someone else some of the time! :lol:
    Blessings!

Thanks

Angie,
    Welcome to the board. You said youve read it before, so I dont have to tell you how wonderful the people are here. Informative, courteous, thoughtful and funny... a winning combination for sure!
    Again, welcome!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Hi Angie,

Welcome to the board. I am very glad that you have come here. Like Lauri said there are a lot of folks that come here and it is very helpful big time. God willing someday they will figure out a cure for Lupus, but until then we can all share information and vent if we need to. The people here understand and they have some really good answeres and things like that. Keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Angie;
    Welcome to our family :lol: I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join. I always advocate that it is important for us to learn as much about our Lupus as we possibly can. Information is our greatest ally when dealing with our doctors and our loved ones. If we interact with our doctors armed with information, then we are much more able to make informed decisions about our treatment regimen, our medications, how the disease affects us, and how we can manage our lives with Lupus.
    Everyone here is in a learning process and we are committed to helping one another. You will find that the people here are understanding, non-judgmental, informative, comforting, supportive and caring. I'm happy that you are here.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Angie...

Welcoming you with warm open arms from all of us...

How's the group forming coming along? None in my local area either. I found the best thing, not the next best, the best ..here at wehavelupus.com.

We would love to here you complain, though I call it expressing yourself. Tell us more...

It, Lupus, seems like a never ending book of puzzle. turn a page and a fresh new puzzle to solve. We are a layer, a riddle...

Chat about...see you on a thread...

It is a great day to be alive...woooho...

Keep well, keep searching for it...
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.