Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Summer

Thanks

Default Happy Summer

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy First Day of Summer! lympic:

I hope you all have a happy and healthy one.

Cheers, Batch007
    Life is a highway, remember, you choose your direction.

Thanks

Thank you Batch,
    I hope that you have a very good summer too and stay healthy.

Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Happy Summer too..

Thank you.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Oluwa -
    LOVE the Avatar!! I love the first day of summer because that is the day my husband asked me to marry him (12 years ago). I was working a double at a restaurant, and he walked in on my break with a big bunch of flowers. I said"What are these for?" He said, "For the 1st day of summer - you love summer!....and...we are leaving right now for the Cape (Cape Cod, MA). I laughed and looked at my boss. He said "Have a good time!!" (hubby had planned ahead). I said "What about clothes?" "I have everything in the car - lets go" We got to the hotel, and he said "You need to shower and be ready by 5PM. We have somewhere to be." When I came out of the shower, he had a bunch of beautiful outfits hung up for me to choose from. We got dressed up and at 5PM, we boarded the Cape Cod Railroad (REALLY exclusive - need reservations months in advance). When the train reached the Sagamore Bridge as the sun was setting, he pulled out a diamond and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!!! The whole train full of passengers stood and gave us a round of applause. I yelled "YES!!"
    Oh gosh.....sorry, but I LOVE that story!! We were married a year and a week later. I didnt want to get married on the same day as my engagement because it was so special on its own!!
    Happy First Day of Summer Everyone.....
    Love Lauri
    PS - He still loves surprising me with things like that - I am blessed beyond words with a hubby like him.....
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

What a great story Thanks for sharing!
    Life is a highway, remember, you choose your direction.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

what a beautiful way to always welcome the first day of summer. Your husband sounds like a romantic, they are few, far and in between. You are, indeed, blessed.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Yes....a true romantic....And a wonderful Daddy as well. We have gone through a lifetime of ups and downs already (as Im sure many of you have as well)... Whether it be my illness, my subsequent problems with medication, not being able to work, serious financial issues....But he has never faulted in his love and commitment to this family.
    I do thank God every single day for putting him in my life....and keeping him there, despite his temptation, Im sure, to run like the wind!! lol...

Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

A hard, loving, emotionally supportive man is a good find...Happy you found yours, Lauri. And I am sure he is happy he found his good find in you...

Happy Engagement Anniversary...Happy Summer..

Hugs,
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I just had to laugh when I read the title of this post, as it's 50 degrees, and raining here! Actually, I love the cool weather, and the rain always puts a fresh smell in the air. It will be muggy and hot soon enough. Happy Summer!

Thanks

I have to add my THANKS as well, Batch. Happy Summer back to you!!

Summer weather has finally arrived for us in Oregon.....it's 85 degrees here today and beautiful. We've had cold and rain and grey for such a long time now that this is a great way to welcome summer.

Lauri....I love your incredibly romantic story. Thanks for sharing your special memory. True LOVE is a blessing for sure!

Here's to a Happy, Healthy, and Safe Summer to everyone! 8)

Fondly,

Lori