Thread: Here I come to save the day!!

Thanks

Default Here I come to save the day!!

I am here,I am back!! We made it safely to Indiana. Didja miss me? Oh how I missed you all. Some friends I met on another message board came and helped clean out our garage and served us a wonderful and very tasty Salmon dinner. I got to play with their baby daughter and watch her play in her pool.

Tons of things going on since we left Missouri. We had fun camping and going to Six Flags in Saint Louis. Saw my big (I will say big but she will always be my baby) girl in Chicago. We opted out of doing Chicago due to rain and pain.

We got here and unloaded the truck with most of our belongings on it. Due to some issues our girls were having and the fact that there was a storm that took the power box right off our house we decided to not take our vacation right now. I am sad and really wanted to visit my family and take the kids to Mount Rushmore, but the girls felt easier and safer with four solid walls around them. We decided to buy a large above ground pool as sort of a consolation prize for the kids. They have been having lots of fun in it.

After four days without power the electric company finally got us hooked back up and HubbyMan and two ds went back to Missouri to get the rest of our things and bring our cat home.

Adjustments are being made by us all. Our home is very tiny and feels a bit tight around the edges but it is an older home with lots of character. The neighborhood has taken a bit to get used to. Lots of souped up loud cars going way to fast on our crowded street, loud music playing late. Quite a difference for us. The kids cant as easily ride their bikes or play with their remotes control cars. Skooch my 7y/o was playing with his remote control car on the street in front of our drive when some jerk ran right over it and just looked at the boys and sped off. I guess we are still country kids at heart. We lived in Suburbia b/4 here. This feels a bit like the inner city. The schools we were going to send our three middle kids are not an option now (it is not a good fit for our family) so we are making plans to send them to the local Christian school.

I am very tired from unpacking, trying to figure out exactly what we really need and what to repack to put into storage. A lot of physical tiredness but the emotional as well. Brain strain.... We missed our anniversary on the 13th and Fathers Day also. They just sorta slipped right on by. We do plan to celebrate in a couple of weeks.

We have started some yard work also. I got to trim the hedges with the new hedge trimmers HubbyMan got me. There is just something about cleaning something up and making it look nice and sharp. Gives a feeling of accomplishment. I also feel like I have a bit of control in my life when it feels like so much is out of control. He got himself a weed wacker and is going after the weeds in the backalley. The kids have been keeping busy earning computer time and or money by helping with the yard work. Both really motivate them.

So there ya have it: the adventures of the Noodleman family. Im off to read a bit around here b/4 going to bed.
    K

K

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Noodlemom;
    We absolutely did miss you! But, I am happy to hear that you've made it safely and that, while adjustment is still needed, you are relatively happy in your new home.
    Isn't the world wide web wonderful? It does not matter where you live, physically, you are merely a click away from us here at WHL.
    Get some rest and come back to give us all of the details. I'm sure that there are those here who can give you some pointers on adjusting to suburban life :P

WELCOME HOME!!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Kasey,

We did...I was just looking for you in another post, the you posted when you departed. Was two days ago, yesterday?...and here you are.

What an adventure. Sounds like hectic fun, glad you are settling into your new neighborhood...without IT nipping at your heels...

Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Sounds like quite the adventure! I"m glad you've landed, and now are adjusting to the new home. I hope it starts to fit and feel friendly quickly -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Kacey,

Glad you made it safely and I understand you tiredness from moving, I detest it but sometime it is unavoidable.

It was nice to hear from you and as things settle you know we'll be here waiting to hear more.

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,

Glad you made it safely.....sorry you had to cut the vacation short. Mount Rushmore will always be there when you all are ready.

I hope things go well in your new home. Hopefully you can find time here and there for a break from the stress of moving. A big move is always a huge task, especially for the moms.

Take care of yourself, and best wishes to you and your family for many good times in your new location.

Fondly,

Lori