Thread: hi

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default hi

hello all. i found this wesite after doing some research about lupus. i'm 17 years old and was diagnosed with lupus 7 months ago after being sick for 5 years without the doctors knowing what was wrong. it's nice to know whats wrong with me but frusterating that there isn't a lot i can do to help myself. a couple times a year i become really tired and have a lot of pain in my sides and back. it's hard because my friends dont know what im going through so theyre not sure of what to say or do.
    kendra

Thanks

Hi Kendra, I was diagnosed at the end of July. I know what you are saying, it is nice to know what is finally wrong with you, but kind of stinks because there isn't much we can do about it. It is nice to meet you.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Kendra :lol:
    Welcome to our forum. This is a place where we certainly understand what you are going through. However, there are a few things that you can do to make your life a little easier and they involve diet, exercise, some precautions and being nice to yourself
    There is a lot of information on this forum about each of the subjects that I have mentioned. If you need more, just let us know and we will hlep you in any way that we can.
    Do not be afraid to educate your friends about your illness so that they will understand how to make things easier for you. You are very young and might find that there are people who will tell you that you are too young to be having the pain and fatigue that you experience. Stand up for yourself, don't let anyone tell you that it is in your head or that you need to just get over it!!! Educate yourself about Lupus and don't be afraid to educate everyone around you!!
    Be brave- YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
    PEACE AND BLESSINGS
    SAYSUSIE