Thread: symptoms????

Thanks

Default symptoms????

I have a question. I read another post with some strange symptoms like I am having (including hair loss) and was wondering if anyone has any insight for me. My hair loss was do to my thyroid problem. Mine is underactive, well pretty much non functional. So I have that regulated and then tested positive for lupus 5 years ago. I have shown no signs of the desease thus far. Except for the past couple of weeks...

All of a sudden I started getting these strange sensations in my head. I don't know if these are symptoms or not, but let me try to describe it for you. Please bear with me, it will sound strange.

These sensations feel kind of like an electrical current. It doesn't hurt, there is just this low vibrational sensation with pressure. It feels like I'm going to faint for a split second and I am left feeling dizzy. It effects the roof of my mouth with a tingling burning sensation and also my tongue. These started about 4 weeks ago and were sporadic. They have been more and more frequent and on a constant daily basis. Today is real bad.

I have also had this unbearable itching on my arms, hands and feet. No amount of scratching will satisfy it. There is no rash though.

Is there anyone that has these same sort of symptoms?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Often time, Lupus can cause neurological problems which might have symptoms like those you've described. However, there are medications that, as a side effect, can cause tingling in your head. One such medication is Welbutrin. Also, anxiety can cause the tingling that you are feeling.

It might be a good idea for you to discuss this with your doctor, especially since the cause can be for varied reasons. Hopefully your doctor can run some tests to see what your exact cause may be. Keep us posted and I hope that you find some answers and treatment.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default symptoms????

Thank you for the reply. I did go to the doctor yesterday and have many tests to do this next week including a brain MRI. Hopefully we will know something soon.