Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No dazzle in my razzle

Thanks

Default No dazzle in my razzle

Hi everybody,

I'm back in the land of cyberspace but I'm in a hole and feel like cr*p. We've been traveling ...to the land of high altitudes ...and my ole body is protesting something awful. Between the lack of oxygen, the long hours of airplane travel, the extensive late night entertaining involved and worry over a sick family member it hasn't been good.

I'm battling a raging ...and I do mean raging! ...UTI ...the kind that frequently lands me in the hospital ...and since I'm at my cottage there are, of course, no doctors etc nearby. Today I got up with not only the UTI but one of those "sick" headaches that accompanies widespread infection. Did I mention that I feel like cr*p?

Rob, I remember your describing an electric shock sensation that flashes through your chest. I am experiencing that off and on as well this time ...something new and interesting I guess. Could you tell me what you know about that?

I will try to be more of a participant again but please bear with me and my old dial up connection here. I might be slow or not as involved as at home but I will try to come by as often as I can.

Anyone with any ideas on UTIs beyond the old cranberry and antibiotics routine? I told you I feel like cr*p, didn't I?

I hope everyone is OK ...haven't read any posts yet but will try to get caught up over the next few days.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Razzleberry;
    I am soooo sorry to hear that you feel like Cr#p! You can say it as many times as you want, we understand.
    With reference to home cures for UTI, If you donít like the taste of cranberry juice, you can try some alternate methods too. One of the often used alternative contains sodium bicarbonate (often called baking soda) and water.
    First drink a pint of water consisting of sodium bicarbonate mixed thoroughly. Then start drinking a large glass full of water once in every 20 minutes for a couple of hours. This would give a good relief from UTI.

Another one of the UTI home cures is to avoid spicy food and citrus fruits. Reducing the intake of sugar and chocolate etc. also helps. Certain vegetables like onion and beans also can cause UTI, so avoiding them might also prove helpful.

The best remedy suggested is to drink lots of water and other fluids. The reason suggested is that the extra water while coming out through the kidneys will flush the bacteria from the bladder.

Though as per science, once the bacteria enters the urinary tract it gets stuck to the walls of the bladder and cannot be flushed out, this is wonderful home remedy to prevent urinary tract infection as the extra water will get eliminated and will not allow the bacteria to remain in the tract.

Also, Take 2 capsules of Oregon grape root or goldenseal to help cure UTI infection. And, Increase your intake of vitamin C as it creates an acidic environment in the urinary tract thus preventing bacterial growth.

Hopefully, Rob will be along to answer you other questions. I do hope that you start feeling better very soon. I know you must be miserable having to deal with all of this as well as you symptoms of Lupus. Don't worry about posting often, we want you to get better and that is the priority right now.

Get Better Soon
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Not the dreaded UTI, Razzleberry...I had two in the 12 months...my only two. I never even had a symptom. Just did a UA and was diagnosed with one.....

I've heard they are painful....if you wait too long will it travel to your kidneys. From my books regarding homeopathic regime it..as I know little...it reads

Food therapy:
    Avoid... acid and sediment forming foods...i.e, caffeine, black tea, tomatoes, cooked spinach...
    Avoid carbonated drinks, concentrated starches, fried, fatty, sugar food and past your eyes dairy.
    Avoid pickled herring, citrus fruits and juices, kraut and red wine...
    Yeast free diet is best.
    Add celery, watermelon, green teas....

You can follow one or do them all of the following..the bold one is recommended as the choice.

1. During acute stage...2 TBLS cider vinegar and honey in H20 each AM, cottage at noon and white wine at night.

2. Drink a minimum of 10 glasses of distilled water an/or alkalizing juices daily to keep acid wastes flushed. Acidify the urine with cranberry juices - 2 glasses daily.

3. During acute period...4 to 10 glasses of cranberry juice daily and carrot/beet/cucumber juice every other day to neutralize and cleanse infection...

Bodywork...

Apply wet heat compresses across lower back and kidneys to relieve pain and ease urination.

Take hot bath and cold rinse to release fluids and flush out acids. Usually it is a hot 20 -30 minute soak, with a wet cool cloth on you head then rinse with cool water. I would just shower in warmest water I can toerate then a quick rinse in cool. I always do that...a Finnish thing to do..sauna, cold snow..

And use plain white toilet paper..remember when they use to make designer toilet paper..egads

Crap, crap, crap..I think you can say that here...

Hugs,
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Welcome back Razzleberry,

I hope you had a good vacation, even if you weren't feeling well. Welcome back.

Rob

Thanks

Thanks guys for the tips and the info. I'm feeling a lot better ..still on antibiotics but the peeing has slowed and the electric shocks are gone and bonus ...this didn't trigger a flare! I will survive to fight another day.

It's been a terrible week tho. My daughter-in-law has lost one of the twins she was carrying and it's been very hard on all of us. So far the remaining baby and mom are ok. This pregnancy started out as triplets so it's been especially hard on everyone to lose one and now another.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing OK and beating up their version of this darn disease

Thanks

Hugssssss Razzleberry

Sorry you've had such a rough go of it. Here's to better times.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Razzleberry, I was so sorry to hear you were feeling...hmmm...what was it again? Oh yeah....like CRAP! :shock: I'm glad you're doing better, and that it didn't generate a dreaded flare....good for you!

My condolences on your family's loss...how is your daughter-in-law taking it? You son? That's very hard. I pray the remainder of her pregnancy is uneventful and the baby arrives healthy and strong.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Thanks for eveyone's kind resposes ...daughter-in-law is a wreak, son is coping. We are all very sad. Soon I hope they will be happy for the one left and concentrate on that.

On the bright side tho ...grandma is feeling better Down time at the cottage has helped a lot and I no longer feel like ....ah you know .....cr*p!
    I hope all of you guys are keeping your version of Lupus locked in a cage and under control.

I'm off to read some posts. Toodle loo.

Thanks

Razzleberry,

Glad to have you back. Sorry to hear about your loss, I will keep your family in my prayers.

Thanks

Finally some good news for my kids ...surviving baby is ok and all should be well from now on. My son sounds SO much better and daughter-in-law is doing better.

I'm on a "get back into some semblance of shape" regimine here at the cottage. My old, old dog and I are walking daily ...we think we go far ...hubby just laughs and wonders who is pulling who. 20 minutes is the limit right now but maybe by summer's end here we'll be a bit farther. At any rate it's a start.

Just thought I'd share our good baby news.