Thread: What is wrong with me

Thanks

Default What is wrong with me

Last year I wa diagnosed with sever athritis in the neck and some in the low back. I am 57 but was told I have arthritis like a 75 yr. old. My body temp has been very low. I have high blood pressure. My legs swell up like rocks. Lately my eyes seem to be always dry with a dull pain in the back of them. And now my hairdresser told me I am loosing hair. Yuk!!
    My doctor keeps insisting it is stress. I just can't seem to buy that answer. I am not depressed. I am too busy enjoying my grandchildren. It seems whenever they can not find and answer to your problem it automaticlly is due to stress. He put me on a BP Med. and told me to take 2 water pills a day. Did anyone have any of these symptoms before they were properly diagnosed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Have a great day :P

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Principina:
    Yes, many of us had those symptoms (and more) before we were diagnosed. I was almost completely bald by the time my Lupus was diagnosed. You symptoms could be Lupus with some overlapping illnesses. Lupus seems to always be accompanied by several overlapping illnesses :x

The dry eyes might be a symptoms of Sjorgen's Syndrome
    Low Body Temp could be a symptom of Lupus
    Loosing Hair could be a symptom of Lupus
    Swollen legs could be a symptom of inflammation

You doctor will need to run lab tests and use those with your medical history as well as presenting symptoms, in order to determine exactly what is causing your symptoms. But, it does sound as if there is some auto-immune and/or connective tissue issues going on.
    I wish you the best of luck and keep us advised as to what your doctor discovers.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

principina

Keep at your doctor. Keep going back and let them know how you are doing (or not doing).

Push push push.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thank you so much for the quick answers. I promise to keep on my Dr. back and get to the bottom of this. I have to say this is a great forum filled with great information and knowledge.