Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we post pics of the face rash?

Thanks

It isn't all raised, just some spots.

I have read that the malar rash can appear on the forehead and the chin.

Which is the case in these pics. Always brighter after my shower.

Thanks

Was the molted look on your hands and arms something like this? http://www.londonlupuscentre.co.uk/i...phics/ph13.jpg

If so, I have that too. Kinda narrows down what's wrong. It's unusual to be primary. It's almost always secondary to only a handfull of auto-immune disorders with IT being one of them. I took a pic of it and showed it to my doctor and of course he had no clue what it was as it is uncommon to rare. Took me over a month of searching to finally find it.

My molar rash doesn't show well in pics as it tends to be very light. It looks very similar to yours though luv, only it comes up and extends to the corner of my eyes and is also a touch on my forehead and my chin is totally covered with it. Washing my face almost always aggrivates it so maybe I can talk hubby into taking a pic of me after I do that.

Oh and if you want to know all about that nice thing happening with your arms, just send me a message and I'll tell you ALL about it and happens over time with it.

Thanks

The mottled rash I had looked similar to that link's pic, but the white areas were much smaller.

here is a pic of my forehead -
    it extends up into the hairline sometimes.

Thanks

luvpinkpeeps, my rash looks (or looked....I don't get it real often now) very much like yours and also got worse with hot showers or washing my face in hot water. I had traces of this rash years ago, and it was the first thing that caused by PCP to order a test to check my ANA level. That was years before I was diagnosed, though. My rash wasn't reall bumpy either - just in spots. I've also gotten a rash on my chest in kind of a 'v' shape. It looked a bit like I had been out in the sun in a v-neck shirt, even when I hadn't.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Thank you for replying! I wanted some opinions form those of you who have or have had the malar rash.

It s one of those things that isn't present like this, when I have visited a doc. :roll:

I will take these pics in when I find a rheumy.

Thanks

I think the mottled skin shown in the link provided by DebbieE is called livedo reticularis. I have gotten it too but of course never when I'm at the doctor's office! I can't post a link yet but you can google Livedo Reticularis and check out the Mayo Clinic site.

I don't understand what DebbieE meant by primary / secondary or what IT stands for.

Thanks

The mottled skin thing for me, doesn't look purple like the pics I have seen, it is more pink to light red. And that ony happens in the cold a/c or cold weather.

Thanks

This is the back of my arm taken after a shower...when I took the face pics.
    I hate those little bright red spots- they are everywhere on me now!
    and you can kind of see the rash on my arm, like what is on the face.

Thanks

Luvinpeeps..

This is probably reaching but maybe try an anti-histamine just before taking a shower, a non-drowsy one or a low dose one like Chlor-Trimeton and see how that does...

I use to use Chlor-Trimeton to stop the itching from Ultracet...it worked.

The heat the moisture maybe triggering histamines to produce a rash...

Not ruling out SLE rashes...but to rule out other possibilities...

Be well.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Lupinkpeeps, I get the same "rash" after I take a shower. It is worse on my legs and stomach. It doesn't last long and it doesn't hurt or itch. I wonder if it is normal or if it is Lupus related.

and again... what is "IT"?