Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can we post pics of the face rash?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As with most auto-immune conditions...once you have one, all of the atuo-immune relatives just want to jump on board. Livedo reticularis (aka:vasculitis racemosa, livedo racemosa, and livedo annularis), is an autoimmune skin disorder that causes a mottled, purple skin discoloration. Livedo reticularis is known to occur with Lupus as well as other auto-immune diseases such as: autoimmune hemolytic anemia, polyarteritis nodosa, dermatomyositis, rheumatoid arthritis cold agglutinin syndrome, cryoglobulinemia, vasculitis, and antiphospholipid syndrome.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for livedo reticularis. Rewarming the skin may reverse the discoloration although eventually the capillaries may become permanently dilated and the condition can result in permanent discoloration.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    As with most auto-immune conditions...once you have one, all of the atuo-immune relatives just want to jump on board. Livedo reticularis (aka:vasculitis racemosa, livedo racemosa, and livedo annularis), is an autoimmune skin disorder that causes a mottled, purple skin discoloration. Livedo reticularis is known to occur with Lupus as well as other auto-immune diseases such as: autoimmune hemolytic anemia, polyarteritis nodosa, dermatomyositis, rheumatoid arthritis cold agglutinin syndrome, cryoglobulinemia, vasculitis, and antiphospholipid syndrome.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for livedo reticularis. Rewarming the skin may reverse the discoloration although eventually the capillaries may become permanently dilated and the condition can result in permanent discoloration.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Dear Saysusie,

Thank you for your input, this explains alot. I have the discoloration 95 % of the time, but I never knew why, at least now I know. The only time my skin is not purple is when I have a hot flash( I know, on top of everything else, I have those as well), any other time my skin is purple, even my knees. I don't like to wear short sleeves anymore, because people ask me why my skin is purple.

Debbie

Thanks

Anyone have a non-itchy rash on their feet after they shower? That's a new symptom for me..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i was reading your posts and just had to comment. jody i just went to a rhuemy who diagnosed me with ra and an auto immune . ana 1640. doing a full lupus panel now. but back to my point, when i told him i have a redness on face that looks like a malar rash and gets redder after a shower he said it was not a malar. i then told him i have had a red spot on the back of my neck for several months but is now on my chest and looks like a v neck sunburn but is not a burn. he said that has nothing to do with lupus. your description blew me away since it was exactly what i had described. i am seeing my gp tommorrow and requesting a new rhuemy. thanks teri