Thread: Intro

Thanks

Default Intro

Hello everyone. Found this forum a bit ago doing online research. My husband was diagnosed with lupus nephritis, class IIIc & V - 2 months ago and it's been quite a ride as I'm sure you all are familiar with. He's on Cytoxan (monthly-infusion), prednisone, lasix, and a few other meds I don't remember right now. Just seems like he's in awful shape all the time.

At any rate, as helpful as the doctors have been, we don't know anyone else who has lupus, so I'm looking forward to hanging around here and learning what I can to help him.

Beth

Thanks

Welcome, Beth. How great that you are reaching out for info and getting support for yourself and your husband. I have Lupus Nephritis Type 4, have been able to avoid Cytoxan for Cellcept so far.

Good Luck and let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Missy

Thanks

Welcome Beth,

You will find a lot of info and support here. This is a very comforting place to come. I wish you and your husband all the best. Sounds like you will be of great loving support to him. Keep coming here, I have found this a place of true inspiration :turn-l: ~ lucy

Thanks

Default Welcome Beth

I was dx w/lupus nephritus IV & V ten months ago. I hope my story encourages you. I did six months of the monthly cytoxan and my current status is now excellent. I am virtually symptom free today (thank God and triple knock on wood)! As the months go on in your husband's treatment, it may get tough, but hopefully your husband will have the same outcome I did. I am currently on cellcept & it has no side affects. I am not even on prednisone anymore! I feel, look and test (blood & urine) just about normal!

Good luck!

Cindy