Thread: Complexion Problems

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Complexion Problems

For the last couple of weeks my complexion has been getting worse and worse. Don't know if it's acne, or Discoid Lupus flaring up from the sun or what! The worse part about it is that after it heals, it leaves red scars and some never go completely away. I have to plaster by face with heavy make-up to feel normal and human.

I was told by a Dr. awhile back that I have a rare form of adult acne. I'm not completely buying that explanation and think Lupus has something to do with this condition. Well to make a long story shorter, I won't be seeing my Dr. until the end of June, so I purchased some over-the- counter acne medicine, OXY 10. I hope it helps. This time the flare up is even on my chin line. It definitely is the worse face and chin flare up I have ever had. It is the pits! Not only do we have to put up with this Lupus, it has mess around with our self-image too, and ruin our complexions.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

DrinkofWater;
    I had a strange mixture of SLE and DLE and got several different kinds of rashes and lesions on my face. Some, as you said, left scars that have NEVER gone away. I have to use a lot of concealer, when putting makeup, to try to diminish those scars. So, yes, your "blemishes" could be a result of Lupus. There are several different types of rashes that occur with Lupus. Here is a website that gives an explanation of them:

www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet

Let me know if the article is helpful to you or if you need more information.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I break out in weird blister-type sores that are certainly not regular acne- especially after sun exposure. LAst week I was out in the sun for 10 mins w/out sunscreen and the next day I broke out with sores on my nose and upper cheeks. They do scar sometimes. They look like bad acne, but they do not ever come to a head, no puss or anything- they are fluid-filled like blisters. I tried Proactive and I still got these came kinds of sores, but the acne I sometimes get on my chin and lower cheeks went away. I use another acne system now that works, but I still get those blister-type sores. They are so ugly and I'm so fair-skinned that they are VERY hard to cover up.

Thanks

If the acne cream doesn't work, you should check into Rosacea.

When I first started breaking out I had no idea what was happening. At first the acne cream seemed to work but a new area would break out and heal up and then the first area would break out again.

And everytime it broke out it got a bit worse, till finally I was in horrific pain.

My doctor kept telling me that only alcoholics got Rosacea so she wouldn't even consider it..unless I was telling her that I was an alcoholic. Finally I got very very angry with her, and told her she needed an attituted adjustment.

She agreed to let me try the treatment and guess what...it works. I will always have to use it as the spots flare up and there's no way (so far) to perminently get rid of Rosacea. You can only control it.

I hope that's not what you have, but just incase it is, you should get it treated before it gets out of control. It took six months of argueing with my doctor and by the time she decided to listen to me I was in agony.

Thanks

I was going to say rosacea as well. And sits_in_the_corner, I'd be SCREAMING at your doc. For many people, alcohol can TRIGGER a rosacea flare. But so can lots of other things - spicy foods, SUN, chocolate, caffiene just to name a few.

I went through a really bad flare of rosacea a few years ago - a dermotologist had me on a long term antibiotic (I think for a couple months) plus three different creams applied in specific order, morning and evening. Finally went away (or into remission), though I still have scars.

For me - heat and sun are the main triggers. They don't call me hatlady for the lupus alone! 8)

If you can, go to a dermotologist - he or she can help determine if it is discoid lupus, rosacea, or that rare form of acne and help you get on track to clear it up.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Complexion Problems

Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it and will look into the Rosacea and Lupus aspects of this breakout.