Thread: hello...from puerto rico

Thanks

Default hello...from puerto rico

hi...i'm 23 yrs old and i've had the pain and alll that comes with the illnness since i was 17 but i wasnt diagnosed until i was 20...so i lived with this condition for 3yrs without knowing what was happening to me...if i was dying or if i just had a really bad doctor that didnt know what was wrong with me.

i know what its like to walk and hold your tears because your feet hurt so bad...i know what its like to sleep with my cellphone so i can call y mother inside my own house to help me stand up from bed...i know hot it feels to be lying in bed all day because breathing hurts too much to the point that you feel that your lungs are going to explode...i know how it feels to stop hearing how beautiful and thick your hair is because you just have enought to cover your bald spots...and i know how it feels to be an artist and not being able to pic up a pencil to draw ot even sharpen it cuz it just hurts so bad to hold a sharpener...

but i also know that it is never the end...a lot of people complaint about how tired they are and how much things they have to do...and i look at them...and look at me...and i have NOTHING to feel bad about...

since i started taking my medicine...i literally was able to walk again...to touch again...to get out of bed again...and it was different this new life without the pain...i still get tired...but i can hug my mother...i can hug my boyfriend and everyone in my life without feeling any kind of pain...

this is the first time i ever decided to talk about this...because today i came to realize...after all this yrs...that...it is never goint to go away...but i'm still here ready for another day...because like i've always said...IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL I SAY IT'S OVER

Thanks

Ivelisse,
    what a beautiful post...Welcome to this site. I have found it to be a wonderful place to feel comfortable to vent, or just to listen. There are so many here who understand what you are going through. Again, welcome
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Ivelisse :lol:
    You are absolutely right about the fact that, just because Lupus is chronic and will never go away, it is not the end of our lives. Like you, once we begin our medication regimen, start eating healthy, start taking care of our bodies, make the appropriate lifestyle changes, and keep stress out of our lives - we can start doing those things that are important to us once again. Albeit with some modifications, but we can live relatively normal lives.
    I am happy that you chose us to talk about these things with. You will find that the people here understand you, know what you are talking about, have excellent advise to share, are more than willing to provide comfort, and will do all that they can to answer your questions.
    It is important that you know that you are not alone!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!