Thread: In need of help and advice (DIRE STRAITS!!)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default In need of help and advice (DIRE STRAITS!!)

Hi all,
    I really need help and support.
    Sorry this is not lupus related
    Work related

I have an enquiry at work taking place this week.

First some background, When I started working there, I was given a project to complete, which was apparantely a big project.
    Well infact i "inherited" it .
    Now the way projects work in the software industry, well any industry, all projects are accompanied by a proper bussiness analysys.
    And project plannning.
    I had none of this. no support at all.
    So now i have an enquiry for "failiure to uphold company standards"

This might result in my unfair dismissal. Not completing was a result of no proper structures in place and not my inability to do the work.

Any advice on course of action please?
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Thanks

Oh Morpheus how awful!

Since I'm not in S.A., I don't know the employment laws that might apply. But from an investigation point of view, I'd approach it like this:

Pull together EVERYTHING -- all of your notes, all of the meeting informaiton, everything you inherited and have done. Then...

1. Create a timeline. Dates you received the project, dates you had meetings, dates you had phonecalls, etc
    2. Show the data you received when you inherited the project.
    3. Explain the direction you were given at that time (was it just "finish this" or was it "this need a, b, c, d and then a project report" - I suspect it was the first)
    4. Give an honest assessment of each step of the process - don't try to say "It was Mr. Roberts who made me get off track" Instead "Mr. Roberts said 'do this' on such and such date, and I followed his direction."

Don't despair - if you pull through this you could establish strong credibility as someone who can pull a project out of the depths and be an even more essential part of your organization.

Oh - one more tip - BREATHE. That's it, I expect you've been holding your breath for the lasty minute or so. So BREATHE again. Two or three deep, calming breaths can help the worst panic, and help you deal with it calmly and rationally.

One last thing - I'm sending cyber-hugs of support to help you through this as well!

~Hatlady
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Hugs Morpheus

hatlady gave you some grand advice there.

Pull what ever timeline documents you have. Emails, memoes what have you. Be clear in your dates and your facts. Be up front and remember to breath.

I know right now, this seems like the end of the world. You have a huge amount of stress on your shoulders right now.

This is but a chapter in you life. You will survive it no matter what the out come and you will move forward.

I've been through something similar. It resulted in my resigning after I had been vindicated. I was so disheartened by the whole process that I felt I had to move on....and I did. I'm fine I survived, and so will you; what ever the out come.

This is going to be stressful so remember the golden rules.

- Proper rest
    - Proper diet
    - Proper exercise
    - Let people who care about you be there for you.

Glad you told us Morpheus, hugs!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks so much hatlady and sitc,
    will follow the advice,
    Really glad that my fellow lupies has pulled through again.
    My second family :cry:
    lots of love and kisses
    I intend to live forever, so far so good

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Morpheus;
    I truly hope that this works out for you. Everyone has given you excellent advice and I am praying that things go your way. Please keep us advised and know that we are pulling for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hugs Morpheus,

How was your Monday? Keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Morpheus:

I found myself in a situation similiar to yours once when I was working for the Federal Government on a military base. I had a yearly performance review which was unsatisfactory. We always had a special project, or two we had to complete, along with our routine work, every year.

We had an advocate in the human resources department that would go to bat for us. She saved my job. She had a talk with my boss and when I had my next review, it was deemed satisfactory. She went into the extenuating circumstances surrounding my performance that I had a change of three different bosses that year and other happenings that were beyond my control. She lterally had to defend my position.

Do you have liasion in your company like the professional that helped me? Besides, she didn't like women getting the shaft in a workplace that was male dominanted like the one I was working in. She felt their was some discrimination going on.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Morpheus:

I forgot to tell you that the same thing happened to my daughter in her first job, after graduating from UCLA. She gave up the fight and went back to school and got a Masters Degree.

Looking back on it now, maybe she could have fought on under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as she suffered from depression (doctor documented). I, am not a lawyer, but perhaps Lupus falls under that category and you might be protected in that way. It may be worth looking into legally. Most lawyers will give a free first consultation. If nothing else, they could give you legal advice about your employment situation.

Thanks

Hugs Morpheus it's Tuesday...sending possitive warm supportive thoughts your way. Hang in there. Remember even if things don't go your way...it's a just chapter in your life and you can turn the page and be somewhere else altogether.