Thread: My name Is Holly and I'm 19

Thanks

Default My name Is Holly and I'm 19

I was Diagnosed when I was twelve with SLE, Fibromyalgia, Abnormal ANA count, and on the first of this month my medicaid was taken away from me. I DONT have the finances what so ever and someone just gave me this web address to give giving up a second thought... I'm in the middle of a disability appeal, so if i finally get it then i'll decide to keep fighting, this will have been the 3rd time being turned down, and It's getting more and more stressful, and I just dont know how much more I can handle before losing my mind.[/quote]

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Holly;
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with so much at such a young age and added to that, the stress of losing medicaid and being turned down for disability.
    We have some experts here who know the "ins" and "outs" of fighting the disability battle. Hopefully, they will pop in with information to help you.
    In the meantime, we are here to help you in any way that we can. We are like a global family here and all of our family members are very understanding, kind, informative, caring and supportive. Please know that you are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Holly. First *gentle hugs* to you. I would suggest getting a disability attorney. They will only take a one time small portion of your disability. Where I am at, the doctors suggest you get one when you want the paper work done, even for the first attempt.

Thanks

I've hired an attorney... I'm just scared they'll turn me down again... thanks for the support.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome. Keep us posted and, remember, we are always here for you whenever you need us!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Holly -
    Welcome to the board. I am relatively new as well and have found the comapassion and support of the people here really amazing. I have also been denied twice as well, but I only had an official Dx of FMS, post-viral syndrome, and seizure disorder. Apparently this wasnt enough to label me "disabled". In all fairness, however, I was so sick the second time around that I didnt do ANYTHING they asked of me (forms, appts ,etc.) and let so much fall through the cracks. I'm going to attempt a 3rd time soon, but I will be getting an attorney first. I know if I have a bad flare during the process, that I will just let it go - like I do with everthing else when Im sick. What I have heard over and over (here and other places) is to be aggressive, do exactly what they ask and get an attorney. I know it is sooo tempting to give up, but know that there are many here praying for you, and sending warm thoughts your way. Hang in there!!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7