Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs...eggs...eggs...maybe?

Thanks

Default Eggs...eggs...eggs...maybe?

I just wanted to share something that seems to work. I have been on plaquenil, methatrexate and a couple of other things...nothing seems to work. The joint pain is overwhelming and I get to where I cannot get up or sit down. Well, I met an old woman who said she was diagnosed with Lupus about 20 years ago and she said she suffered severely for about 5 of those years until someone told her about eggs.

She told me that when you are in a serious flare that is impacting your joints, you should start packing in the eggs and butter. This sounded a bit off the wall to me, but hey, I'll try anything. I had actually forgot about the woman's advise but I was in week 6 of a terrible flare when I remembered. So, I did as she said....got up in the morning and fixed four poached eggs cooked in real butter in the microwave. For lunch I ate 4 scrambled eggs and for dinner I had four fried eggs cooked in butter. I could not believe it, but by 10pm, I was feeling some relief...coincidence? I was thinking so. By morning I was feeling really good. So, I actually went about two weeks and never felt any joint pain. On one day, in week three, I started feeling that tightness, so I did the egg regimen....it passed. I have since done this everytime I have a flare and it seems to stop it.

Has anyone else tried this? or even heard of it? If not, could some of you try so we can see if I'm crazy or if this really does work?

Cathy

Thanks

Hey CathyJ...

Oh, that is too much cholesterol balls for me....

I would reconsider that regime because the main cause of death when you have IT is cardiovascular disease. To help prevent that, you must follow a low fat, low cholesterol diet....

And if you dose with prednisone, it increases the risk of coronary artery disease, so eggs and butter...I dunno about that one. Well, I do..I wouldn't..

Huge, huge risk of heart disease with IT...big huge.

Keep looking for your wellness,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Default yep its a lot of cholesterol...

she didn't recommend that you eat like that all the time...only on a day when a flare pops up. I try to avoid the steroids and I don't know which is worse...doing steroids when I have a flare or pumpiing up my cholesterol. I see my rhuem next week so I can't wait to talk to him about it.

Thanks

FYI only, because I care...

Let me show you how one day of eggs is bad...

2,280 mg for the 12 eggs you ate in one day...
    Average, maybe 6 Tablespoons of butter?..192mg for the day

Total 2,472mg of cholesterol ....that is like 8 -12 days worth of the maximum cholesterol intake..not including what is in other foods you would eat during those days.

Hardening of the arteries, plaque build up is accumulative...

H
    ugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Default eggs - probably the omega 3's...

I am newly diagnosed with CTD - testing being done to find out which but rheumy is leaning twds lupus.

Anyway, it probably isn't the eggs that help but rather the Omega 3's -

here is some info

What can high-omega-3 foods do for you?

Reduce inflammation throughout your body
    Keep your blood from clotting excessively
    Maintain the fluidity of your cell membranes
    lower the amount of lipids (fats such as cholesterol and triglycerides) circulating in the bloodstream
    decrease platelet aggregation, preventing excessive blood clotting
    inhibit thickening of the arteries by decreasing endothelial cells' production of a platelet-derived growth factor (the lining of the arteries is composed of endothelial cells)
    increase the activity of another chemical derived from endothelial cells (endothelium-derived nitric oxide), which causes arteries to relax and dilate
    reduce the production of messenger chemicals called cytokines, which are involved in the inflammatory response associated with atherosclerosis
    reduce the risk of becoming obese and improve the body's ability to respond to insulin by stimulating the secretion of leptin, a hormone that helps regulate food intake, body weight and metabolism, and is expressed primarily by adipocytes (fat cells)
    help prevent cancer cell growth

What conditions or symptoms indicate a need for more high-omega-3 foods?
    Depression
    Cardiovascular Disease
    Type 2 Diabetes
    Fatigue
    Dry, itchy skin
    Brittle hair and nails
    Inability to concentrate
    Joint pain

Salmon, flax seeds and walnuts are excellent food sources of omega 3 fatty acids - so are eggs, but they are NOT the best source since they come with all that cholesterol!

Hope this helps some!

Thanks

A little info...

Omega 3's are in a part of an anti-inflammatory group of foods. Many of us eat an an anti-inflammatory diet regime. I do and supplement with fish oil...

Egg are not a source of Omega 3's unless fortified by their feed. You can find Omega 3 enriched eggs in the grocer now. Look for it on the carton...a bit more in price...

Two books on an anti-inflammatory diet are..

The Anti-Inflammation Zone and The Omega Diet. You can use it to lose weight or just to eat healthier.

Foods include....
    A bit of red wine.
    Olive oil.
    Bright colored fruits and vegetables.
    Blueberries, cranberries, paypaya...
    Spinach
    Bell peppers...
    Pomegranates
    Walnuts, Almonds
    Ground Flax seed.
    Whole grain breads.
    Flax Honey Breads.
    Brown Rice.
    Bell Peppers.
    Salmon

See how everything is colorful and not in a colorful wrapper prefabricated.

Bon Appetit'
    Oluwa

Thanks

Why the eggs would work,,,,

from the list of drugs, you might be fighting kidney disease like me and loosing protein thus making your joints hurt, with the influx of protein from the eggs it increases the protein in your body and reduces the inflamation in your joints, ive have noticed this with peanut butter myself to a point of craving it but unfortunatly the docs tell not to eat a high protein diet because of cholesteral
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Tofu?

Thanks

well tofu to u 2

isnt tofu made out of lizard toes??
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

It is made from toofew (tofu) of meats..