Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob...

Thanks

Default Rob...

Hey Rob..

I want to say I think about you often and read where you have been...

I am elated to read you are enjoying life...sailing, friendship with your dad. Sounds like a lot of love, pure good fun.

Just want to say hey..and give you a hug...squeeze...

I pray, wish with all my might and hope things will turn around for you and this round of medicine is the ticket for you...

Head hug,
    Love,
    Oluwa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Oh Oluwa,

Thank you so much. I love the new avatar with the plane dropping "hug bombs". I hope what starts tomorrow, goes quickly, and works. I know it will take time, and patience on my part. I wish some days, I wish I could be the person I used to be. I was never afraid of a challenge. I thought I was "10 feet tall, and bulletproof". Well, it doesn't work that way. My father and I came to blows after my diagnosis. It was ugly. It almost broke down into a physical confrontation between us. That, is not like either of us. We were both scared to death. I was scared of the Lupus diagnosis, and what impact it was having on my life. He was scared by the fact that he might outlive one of his children. We didn't know what was happening, and it got ugly for a bit. Today, in so many ways, my Dad is my best friend. we do so much together. My Dad is retired law enforcement, and a Marine. He's a card carrying tough guy. There are two things about him that I'll never forget. Once, I was with him when he arrested this guy who was really abusive, and a vulgar jerk. Insulting my Dad, and anyone who happened to be related to him. I was 14 years old, and I was P.O.'d at this jerk. When I asked my Dad why he didn't kick this guys butt, he looked at me and said, "Because I didn't have to". This "jerk", showed up at our house one day, and thanked my father for not kicking his butt that day, and for helping him get a job, and a place to live while on probation. I learned that he wasn't the first, nor was he the last. Years later, at my fathers house in Arizona, I saw my Dad out in the driveway early one morning, cradling something in his arms. I was a great horned owl, with a broken wing and ribs. We don't know how it got injured, but it limped over to the pond in his yard for a drink. This owl had almost a 7 foot wingspan. He gave it water, and comforted it the best he could until the game warden arrived. Long story short, that bird recovered 100% and was released into it's home, the wild. These things showed me who my father really is. I hope someday he thinks as highly of me, as I think of him. Sorry to ramble. I'm happy him and I are friends again. Thank you Oluwa, your words, are always comforting. I know you have been fighting a fight none of us would ever want. Yet, through all that, you still care so much about others. Thank you.

Thanks

Rob, your father sounds like a one-of-a-kind person. You are so lucky to have that in your life, and he is lucky to have a son who appreciates him and wants to share his life. I'm happy for both of you!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Rob, your story of the big bad Marine dad who is really a pussy cat rings true. My son is a Marine ....well out now but once a Marine always a Marine ...and the same is true of him. He is outwardly the tough, no nonsense, in charge guy. Underneath he is gentle and caring. I think the Marine Corps produces some of our very best! Please pass on my Semper Fi to your dad and tell him thank you for all his service to our country.

Thanks

Thanks Razzleberry,

How true it is, there is no such thing as a "former Marine". My big act of defiance as a youth was to join the US Army instead of the Marine Corps. We laugh about it alot. I read your post on your vacation. The St. Lawrence Seaway, sounds awesome. I've been exploring the coast here in Maine a bit. I love the ocean. Or in a pinch, any big lake will do! I know what you mean about dial-up. It's frustrating to say the least. Did you mention you are moving as well? If so, I hope all goes well. Enjoy your vacation!

Rob

Thanks

Nope I'm not moving ...have twin grandbabies on the way ...you couldn't pry me loose from here right now

I think Maine is a lot like where we are on the Seaway ....cool weather and lots of water to enjoy. We have a new pontoon boat this year so I'm looking forward to long boat rides ...suitably covered in flowing garments ~sigh~

Thanks

You'll have to forgive me, I sometimes mix up who is doing what, and when (I know somebody is moving). The weather here is cool, even in the heat of summertime. Near the ocean, the winters are mild compared to the weather they have inland. Makes for a pretty tolerable temp all year round, and the overcast days don't bother me a bit. My sister and her husband bought a pontoon boat. It's parked in the marina where my father's and my boat is docked. It's really a neat rig. Princecraft 22foot I believe. Rides really nice, and can carry a dozen people. Twin grandbabies on the way, wow! That's got to be exciting. Your son sounds like the typical Marine. Tough as nails with a heart of gold. Semper Fi to him as well. Enjoy your vacation!

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob...

Bomb, bomb, bomb...

You are the person you used to be in heart and soul still. Sometimes when we are ill, we really enjoy the finer things in life..finer as in smaller. That is really all that changes, eh?

I am me, you are you...we are the same, we just do things different. We see things different. We can fill up on the smaller things instead of having an insatiable appetite for the huge things in life. Our scale changed, not us.

It is hard to see our parents vulnerable, with fear, unable to fix it..and when they are they usually replace the vulnerability with anger or authority. And sometimes the rough patch can make the bond, tighter...you become friends instead of just parent and child. But sometimes that relationship is nice too, being the kid. A big Dad bear head hug I always enjoy...

No matter what age we are, we are always their children...

I am a Squid...I did a stint in the Navy. Six years Air Traffic Controller.

My stuff I have going on is small potatoes. My fight is so small and your's is so large. I will have a little talk with Jesus tonight, tomorrow, through out the day... and the next day.

Worry not tomorrow, and as the medicine fills your body, meditate and see it healing you , touching each spot, each nerve, each blood cell....feel it making you well. Breathe deep..I am getting well, deeper...I will be well...see the medicine flow through you.....

Head hug..
    Love,
    Oluwa

P.S. I am the one moving....

Thanks

All done with treatment for today. I'm very tired,but I'm ok. I'll talk some more after I sleep for awhile. Thank you guys for all you do to keep my spirits up. Off to bed for me. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks

Rob, I'm hoping today's treatment hit all the right 'buttons' in your body, and you can begin to feel better. Prayers for you.....and hugs, too.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."